Pending Archery World Record Sheep

Can't say I have any first hand knowlege of anyone on here taking a LO voucher. Pretty ballsy of you to accuse otherwise.

I bought one for Wyoming antelope this season, and I paid for the rights to hunt a lease in Illinois.

Not bragging, nor am I ashamed of it. I'll be on the road hunting for 3 weeks with good friends in October. Both hunts are unguided and unsupported by the land owners. If that makes me a loser, I can live with that.

BTW, both hunts combined will cost less than what the Forest Service wanted to charge me for a film permit for my AZ trip.

I bought one for Wyoming antelope this season, and I paid for the rights to hunt a lease in Illinois.

Not bragging, nor am I ashamed of it. I'll be on the road hunting for 3 weeks with good friends in October. Both hunts are unguided and unsupported by the land owners. If that makes me a loser, I can live with that.

BTW, both hunts combined will cost less than what the Forest Service wanted to charge me for a film permit for my AZ trip.

Will you shoot that goat at 150yd with a bow? Because then we may have a problem. Really, I dont like that they can sell those tags but dont blame you for buying them. Good luck.

I really didnt mean to offend you SORRY. I was joking when I said those comments about him. Not tastefull I know Im sorry. Besides im really not a homophobe. I live next to a lesbian. I have spent many hours googling and researching lesbians so I dont say anything to offend her. There is no need for name calling. Im on your side if you want to share a two man tent with him who am i to judge. Really im on your side I wish they would just let people like you get married maybe then you wouldnt be so angry all of the time.
Best of luck at the next tag auction.

Dude.....

There are no transferable landowner vouchers in WY.

Not sure what kind of tag it is, but it I bought it through an outfitter. Didn't have to apply for it, and he's letting me access his property(not sure if he owns or leases it). Never did it before, and won't see the license until October when I get there.

I get my Montana deer tags through the draw, the landowner sponsored portion of the draw. Does that make me a douche?
(on topic) I'll never pay .5 mil for a sheep tag. (off topic)

Explain, please

Colorado sucks. :D

Sorry, got my programs mixed up. What I meant was MT doesn't have the lax regulatory framework that UT does, or the privatization bent that CO and UT do. I have no idea how lax your regulatory requirements are on privatized tags.

Colorado sucks. :D

Sorry, got my programs mixed up. What I meant was MT doesn't have the lax regulatory framework that UT does, or the privatization bent that CO and UT do. I have no idea how lax your regulatory requirements are on privatized tags.
I assumed you were referring to transferable landowner tags rather than auction/raffle tags, which I believe this "discussion" involves.

Not sure what kind of tag it is, but it I bought it through an outfitter. Didn't have to apply for it, and he's letting me access his property(not sure if he owns or leases it). Never did it before, and won't see the license until October when I get there.

Please explain more. I was not aware that WY had tags that outfitters could sell with no application.

As far as I know, you can buy elk and anelope hunts through an outfitter without drawing.
Your outfitter simply bought a leftover tag from the WY G&F for you. You or anyone else could go on-line and buy the same tag, without booking a hunt. There are no "outfitter" tags or transferable landowner tags in WY.

Your outfitter simply bought a leftover tag from the WY G&F for you. You or anyone else could go on-line and buy the same tag, without booking a hunt. There are no "outfitter" tags or transferable landowner tags in WY.

I thought that might be the case, but he guaranteed me I'd have a tag when I talked to him in January. Just like he guaranteed me an elk tag, if I booked for 2013(which I have no interest in).

I have no doubt you're right, but they must be pretty confident about leftovers.

We filled a land owner permit recently... the LO was the State of Alaska, and permit set me back slightly more than a Happy Meal at $5. Sadly no guides were made rich during this event.

Sorry, no one finger salute, I'm saving that for this coming weekend when I dump a brown bear with my muzz.

P1050206.jpg

Nice Bou!

I bought my son a landowner voucher and he scored this booner Hun. His first upland game bird, taken on the wing.. not bad for an 11 year old.

I'm truly flattered to be quoted in elkmagnet's signature line. Stalkeresque..

Attachments

• hun-small.jpg
    hun-small.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 618
Randy may have done housecleaning but if not -search the archives on Elk Cheese. It's good stuff if you're bored and in the mood for a laugh.

Randy may have done housecleaning but if not -search the archives on Elk Cheese. It's good stuff if you're bored and in the mood for a laugh.

Yeah, this thread ain't able to hold a candle to some of the classics.

I think Fin needs to set up a new section called "Classics" where we get to move some of the greatest thread ever.

The Imaginary Corporal and The Cheese would have a couple of threads in there....

I assumed you were referring to transferable landowner tags rather than auction/raffle tags, which I believe this "discussion" involves.

Yes, I mixed my privatized tags, and for that, I apologize to all Coloradans.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back