Painting my bathroom ceiling šŸ”Ø

Thats how it goes for me anyway I'll just change this door knob...24hours later I'm down to the studs. #*^@#* my life.

I hear you, this is how my Covid year went...

Master bath has an ugly vanity, redo the whole thing!
Master closet needs new carpet, redo the whole thing!
Create master bath suite!
Move bathroom fixtures to old closet side so wife could have a window in the bathroom.
New plumbing requires tearing out basement ceiling below.
Since that part of the basement ceiling is torn out let's do the whole thing and insulate it.
Let's change the whole basement floorplan!
Wait..finish master bath: shower, toilet, vanity, 3 built-in cabinets, relocate attic access, closet, tile
Back to the basement.
Since the walls and drywall are torn up anyway, relocate the whole staircase, build new one from scratch!
Chip out all the tile in the basement.
Install cabinets for basement storage and wet bar.
New basement windows, and door.
New storage room, hooray!
Wait, basement bathroom is awful, redo that whole thing for the guests.
Wife wants shiplap!
Finish basement: drywall, trim, paint, carpet

I hear you, this is how my Covid year went...

Master bath has an ugly vanity, redo the whole thing!
Master closet needs new carpet, redo the whole thing!
Create master bath suite!
Move bathroom fixtures to old closet side so wife could have a window in the bathroom.
New plumbing requires tearing out basement ceiling below.
Since that part of the basement ceiling is torn out let's do the whole thing and insulate it.
Let's change the whole basement floorplan!
Wait..finish master bath: shower, toilet, vanity, 3 built-in cabinets, relocate attic access, closet, tile
Back to the basement.
Since the walls and drywall are torn up anyway, relocate the whole staircase, build new one from scratch!
Chip out all the tile in the basement.
Install cabinets for basement storage and wet bar.
New basement windows, and door.
New storage room, hooray!
Wait, basement bathroom is awful, redo that whole thing for the guests.
Wife wants shiplap!
Finish basement: drywall, trim, paint, carpet
I swear that's how it's been going for like 3 to 5 years. Not all in the same house either.

Didn't we just cover stuff like this on another thread? I'm with @Nick87, that pic gives me heartburn-peeling ceiling, boob light in the bathroom, no exhaust fan, the crown moulding, and the brown hotel tile. All of it needs redone. All. Of. It. :ROFLMAO:
Iā€™ve never heard the term ā€œboob lightā€ but I have one right in the middle of my living room. Iā€™ll add that light fixture to the list of projects I guess.

Attachments

• 46B1713A-DBB3-4F35-B148-2A41CF1B6CDE.jpeg
    46B1713A-DBB3-4F35-B148-2A41CF1B6CDE.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Iā€™ve never heard the term ā€œboob lightā€ but I have one right in the middle of my living room. Iā€™ll add that light fixture to the list of projects I guess.
I thought they were up town. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Beats the heck out of the lamps Iā€™ve got in the living/bedrooms!

The only time I have installed roof vents was in lieu of ridge vents. Bathroom vents are normally connected to ducting and vented through an outside wall or down through the soffit.

Does that fan just vent straight up into your attic?

The only time I have installed roof vents was in lieu of ridge vents. Bathroom vents are normally connected to ducting and vented through an outside wall or down through the soffit.

Does that fan just vent straight up into your attic?
Not sure where the fan vents to yet, but my only attic vent is one of those 3m sponges down the ridge.
When it gets really hot I get condensation on the inside of my glove lights so Iā€™m thinking about adding a few roof vents just to try to get some of the heat/humidity out of there.
Iā€™ve got vented soffit so in theory it should help šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Hmmā€¦ this sounds like the possible introduction of a new issue.

You should have gone skiing. Having broken the first of the Randy rules, ā€œThou shalt not be handy at homeā€ it appears that your transgressions are going further.

Are the tarpaper and plywood cut back an inch or two from the ridge to allow the current ridge vent to vent properly.

Thereā€™s so many factor that can influence proper ventilation itā€™s difficult to know what might be going on without seeing it in person.

The moisture in the lights when itā€™s hot is throwing me for a loop.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Back