Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Painting my bathroom ceiling 🔨

@DouglasR That'll do pig. ("Babe" movie reference)

Make sure that you really are moving the moisture out somehow. Our shower room's ventilator is under powered, so we have an oscillating fan near the doorway into the small shower area to scatter the humidity into the rest of the bathroom which does have adequate air movement.

Is that part of the door frame or is that just trim that’s nailed to it that I can just pop off and replace?
Unfortunately, the door jamb is in the worst shape. Pull off the brick molding on outside and trim on inside, remove door hinge pins, remove door, then remove door jamb. Cut a new one using the old one as a pattern. Reinstall. Buying an entire door and jamb is the quick way but NOT cheap. I went to price steel doors to replace the 1930s one on my front porch and soiled myself right in the middle of Home Depot. Built my door instead.

Hard to tell if there is rot underneath that from the photo. Scrape some paint off and look at the wood. If it's in okay shape you could clean it up, prime the hell out of it and then repaint.

If you replace the door, we did fiberglass on this house. As I recall, a 36" exterior fiberglass with glass in it ran us around $400 or so. Another $200ish to add a metal storm door.

That looks like a pretty decent quality door, so try and salvage your door frame. Replacing trim is easy. Also, might want to get some stain on that deck too.

^^ I recommend going with the fiberglass door. Just did a front door should have went with fiberglass. should have read my own sig line.

@Gerald Martin
What do I do here?
Do I just have to get a new door?View attachment 275682

What @JLS said. This is the way. I finally got around to hanging my elk rack from 2017 as I was cleaning out the garage. Not sure whether to stop and enjoy a cold one and look at my elk rack or finish cleaning the garage while my wife is gone for an hour?😏E7599CCA-9C9E-4EC0-8063-81A3ECF1CCC7.jpeg

That jamb needs to be scraped ,sanded and primed with Kills. The door looks fine.
If you are a carpenter it would be easy to replace the whole thing, but opening up the jamb to the framing and all is not a simple doit job.
Most folks do not even know what square & plumb is.
Does the door open and close properly?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back