Caribou Gear Tarp

Painting my bathroom ceiling šŸ”Ø

Paint Sprayers??? I need to paint some interior raised panel Roman arch doors and I don't like the brushed/rolled look. Any of you have experience with the little electric paint sprayers that have the small plastic cups attached to the gun?
I have a Graco magnum XR7 & XR9 already but it's too much time, wasted paint, & prep for shooting one door at a time.
Paint is a latex about the consistency of runny sour cream....

Paint Sprayers??? I need to paint some interior raised panel Roman arch doors and I don't like the brushed/rolled look. Any of you have experience with the little electric paint sprayers that have the small plastic cups attached to the gun?
I have a Graco magnum XR7 & XR9 already but it's too much time, wasted paint, & prep for shooting one door at a time.
Paint is a latex about the consistency of runny sour cream....
I just got done painting a few doors with a cheap Wagner sprayer with latex. My wife was clinging tightly to Wagners sprayer setting recommendations for latex, but that was making the paint come out more like texture on the test piece I was using. I had to adjust the sprayer quite a bit from their recommended starting point, that made things quite a bit better but the nozzle was still getting clogged too quickly. Thinning the paint helped out quite a bit with that and I started getting a good spray. You just have to be careful not too put too much paint down at a time so it doesnā€™t run.

Overall Iā€™m really happy with the results, but you gotta make sure you have that thing dialed before you even consider spraying the doors.

Boy thereā€™s some really picky OCD types on here. Iā€™ve redone and finished most of my house but the ceiling remains. Years ago there was an outside attic over the garage that our old dog could access. Not once but TWICE he got through the visqueen, into the attic trusses and fell through the ceiling in a giant cloud of insulation and dust. Right on top of the wood stove. I keep meaning to finish the ceiling but part of it was Sheetrock and part of it was originally saggy 3/8ā€ plywood that I then taped and textured as a stopgap measure.. so now I have to rock over it or use T&G over it.. but the price has really skyrocketedā€¦. I keep saying ā€œitā€™s not a priorityā€ but my wife has me thinking it may be my priority REALLY SOON. The dog has been dead for about 9 years so it must have been a while ago. But for all you feeling badly about your ceilings I offer you this:image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Boy thereā€™s some really picky OCD types on here. Iā€™ve redone and finished most of my house but the ceiling remains. Years ago there was an outside attic over the garage that our old dog could access. Not once but TWICE he got through the visqueen, into the attic trusses and fell through the ceiling in a giant cloud of insulation and dust. Right on top of the wood stove. I keep meaning to finish the ceiling but part of it was Sheetrock and part of it was originally saggy 3/8ā€ plywood that I then taped and textured as a stopgap measure.. so now I have to rock over it or use T&G over it.. but the price has really skyrocketedā€¦. I keep saying ā€œitā€™s not a priorityā€ but my wife has me thinking it may be my priority REALLY SOON. The dog has been dead for about 9 years so it must have been a while ago. But for all you feeling badly about your ceilings I offer you this:View attachment 275985
At this point I'd just get a jumbo velvet Elvis & thumbtack it up there.... ;)
1684177822824.png

Boy thereā€™s some really picky OCD types on here. Iā€™ve redone and finished most of my house but the ceiling remains. Years ago there was an outside attic over the garage that our old dog could access. Not once but TWICE he got through the visqueen, into the attic trusses and fell through the ceiling in a giant cloud of insulation and dust. Right on top of the wood stove. I keep meaning to finish the ceiling but part of it was Sheetrock and part of it was originally saggy 3/8ā€ plywood that I then taped and textured as a stopgap measure.. so now I have to rock over it or use T&G over it.. but the price has really skyrocketedā€¦. I keep saying ā€œitā€™s not a priorityā€ but my wife has me thinking it may be my priority REALLY SOON. The dog has been dead for about 9 years so it must have been a while ago. But for all you feeling badly about your ceilings I offer you this:View attachment 275985
1684184328164.gif

I think you should move the ventilated urn into position to catch the dripping water. The circle of life and what not

Back