MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

PA youth turkey

Muleyfanatic

Friday night we watched some birds go to roost on the other side of the farm from where I had previously set up the blind earlier in the week. We waited until just before dark and went down and moved the blind over to closer to where the birds had roosted. Saturday morning we were in the blind well before day break and had birds gobbling all around; I was able to get 3 gobblers to come in around 7:20 to 40 yards. He was trying with his bow and they were about 10 yards out of his comfort range. They didn't stay long and went over to the opposite side of the farm. We stayed in the blind until about 10:30 and then birds started gobbling over by the pasture field. He opted to put down the bow and grab the shotgun so that we could peruse them. We had one gobble close and he was on his way in and busted us before we could get setup. By this time is was 11:20 and I decided that we should make a loop To another field calling to see if we could get a bird fired up. We were on our way back around 11:45 and one fired off about 150 yards away. We scrambled to get setup and I made a couple calls and the birds came running in. They ended up being the same 3 gobblers from the morning. He was able to make a good shot on one. It ended up having a 9 3/4" beard and 1 1/4" spurs.

It's a greater day when my kids get a bird then when I get a bird for myself. Congratulations to you both.

Congrats on a great bird! Saturday can't come soon enough.

Love to see the youth involved. Thanks for taking the time to get him out. Congrats...

Nice bird!!Just had wild turkey breast for dinner tonight from my 8 year olds turkey he shot Saturday.Now I have to call one in for my 15 year old this Saturday.Wish I could try with a bow,but its hard enough keeping the gun hunters away on the state land when they start gobbling.Can't tell you how many guys have moved in and shot one from under me.Is your son applying for a 2nd tag and trying again with his bow??

Good luck to you guys this Saturday. I will be out trying to fill one of my tags but won't get too serious about it. I am running the Pittsburgh marathon on Sunday and then going back to night shift for the next 6 weeks. I will be able to hunt pretty much the everyday of the season if need be.

Awesome!!
Way to start the addiction on a youngster.
Looks like he hammered him...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back