PA Monster Bull

i went to the PA web site after jnagel32 said it was there, and saw a JDF with an 8x9 bull with a harvest date of 2 NOV 16 so i assume thats him , small pic but awesome looking bull, looking forward to seeing some better pics as well

Last edited:
i went to the PA web site after jnagel32 said it was there, and saw a JDF with an 8x9 bull with a harvest date of 2 NOV 16 so i assume thats him , small pic but awesome looking bull, looking forward to seeing some better pics as well

There ya go.. Now you saw it

I went to their page but couldn't find it. What am I doing wrong?

Strike my last, I found it.

Last edited:
I know its been said for years that the next world record is going to come from back east. To the OP: I wasn't calling you a liar, just wanted to see the pics and hear the story.

I know its been said for years that the next world record is going to come from back east.

That could be. Were the eastern elk wiped out before the Smithsonian and others started keeping racks? Are there any old eastern elk racks in museums, etc. that show what they looked like?

How much is controlled by genetics and how much by nutrition/environment, etc.?

I remember reading the Merriam Elk (south-west U.S., wiped out during the overland 49 gold rush west) was the biggest of all. The one pic I saw was not all that impressive but that doesn't mean much. The notion seems to comport with the giants that come out of Arizona and New Mexico, so maybe that was true.

I know I perceive a difference in general confirmation from the Pacific Northwest to the south and east (Colorado). It's anecdotal but it seems racks get higher, narrower, straighter and darker to the north west. They have a Red Deer quality to them. To the south east they seem wider, longer, curvier and lighter in color. Those PA pics show lots of points and remind me of the north west elk. I suspect the heavier forest pushes a Red Deer tendency.

I am no biologist and have no science to back any of this up. It's just a gut feel and a generality. I've seen lots of exceptions.

For those that may not believe, no problem it will be seen in magazine and on outdoor channel so you can see if you aren't sure.

So you come to an awesome forum with a bunch of supportive members and dangle a 400+" carrot in front of them and seemingly get pissy when the want pictures? Not sure if you meant to come across as an arrogant asshat but I'm with Miller on this one. I already have my mind made up.

Either way...congrats on a great bull

So you come to an awesome forum with a bunch of supportive members and dangle a 400+" carrot in front of them and seemingly get pissy when the want pictures? Not sure if you meant to come across as an arrogant asshat but I'm with Miller on this one. I already have my mind made up.

Either way...congrats on a great bull

This ^^^. That's what I got from the "There ya go.. Now you saw it" post. :confused:

Benefit of the doubt, could be tired from packing that monster on his back for 12 miles of mountain wilderness, round trip, nine trips over several days. No sleep and trying to keep up with the internet can make a guy testy. :D

In camp with bad service and can't post pics.

So guys come on here telling me pics or didn't happen.

How would u take it.

Doesn't matter to me. I know what I did and other people know the time and effort I put in to killing this bull, so I will be whatever you think I am. That's ok

And you took those people seriously? I would have taken it as a joke like I'm sure it was intended. I can't say for sure because I didn't write them but I would say those comments were all in good fun. You better get some thicker skin if you're going to be a celebrity being on magazines and tv and all....

Relax. Wouldn't you want to see a picture of a giant bull? Not for proof, but to just see it?

Check Pennsylvania outdoor news 8x10 killed Sept 26 on the Pa. raffle tag ,scored 426 5/8

Back