Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

P90X for hunting

houndy65

I'm done with day 14 of p90x and its going great. I would highly recommend it to everyone thats hunting and wants that extra mile. I've already seen changes in just my everyday life, mainly my eating habits over all stamina. I feel really good and I'm sleeping much better also. the only thing i have trouble with is I'm always hungry. So is there anyone else on here trying this or something else. I use to play ice hockey all winter, but I quit last year because of my shoulders. So I needed something else, that would improve my bowhunting elk and chasing my hounds all winter.

Good for you. I made an attempt at p90X once and I actually got done with the first phase. However, I didn't change my eating habits and I kind of just fizzled out of it. I also hated the fact that I was always sore--after every workout some new part of my body would hurt.

But if a guy were to stick with it I have no doubt he'd perform much better on the hill come fall.

I started and fizzled out too. But I have no doubt it will help your conditioning for hunting. Soreness will and should come after every workout. That's the point of it - to keep all the muscle groups on their toes. I need to get into the gym or on the workouts myself. But just the thought of those P90X Plyometrics....oooooooooh man - it's scary!

I love that workout i have been doing it again for about a month and am seeing good results as well i also worked in INSANITY for the cardio and i tell you what if you just want cardio check that one out.....

But just the thought of those P90X Plyometrics....oooooooooh man - it's scary!

Tell me about it, I swear it seems like the guy has you jumping on the same foot for 20 strait minutes.:eek: Then on the yoga if I have to hear him say do the downward dog again I would pass out.

I've got about 3 weeks to go on my second full go round of it. The first time I did it I dropped nearly 50 pounds which was pretty awesome. This time I've just slimmed down some more and added some muscle. I love the program as kind of my late winter/early spring tune up, then I can start running once it gets warmer out and throw in a resistance work out a couple times a week.

P90x is pretty good. Insanity (the max dvds) are better, IMO for hunting. P90x/Insanity + barbell work will get you good to go.

I'm doing one called X factor. Each week a new dvd and man am I sore as well. I love the fact that my core is really getting stronger. I really feel the workout in my legs and core. My sister helped write the workout so I guess I have her to blame for it killing me.:D

I've got a new respect for these types of workouts. I used to think it was all sissy boy to use these dvd workouts but man they are great and you really get a complete workout.

I have recently started up Traintohunt.com. For any of you who haven't tried Crossfit, it is a kick in the ass! The workouts are really short (15-20 minutes in some cases) but super intense. Plus the guys that run the site are both hunters so they gear the focus of the workouts to the needs of hunters.

New years resolutions: 1. stop procrastinating 2. start p90X

I think I'll start tomorrow!

P90x is 90% diet, if you want visible results. The first phase will throw you for a loop. Your calories will be about 50% protein, 30% carb, and 20% fat. That's about 1 serving of carbs a day. The fat just falls off you though.

The first phase on p90x2 consists of .5 servings for grains, and .5 servings of legumes a day.

i'll need that for next years Montana hunt.This year, I have it easy in Wy.A good old mans hunt

I went from 192 to 162 doing P90X in 2008. My diet was ok, biggest thing was cutting out Pepsi. Anytime I want to lose weight I can drop 10 pounds real quick drinking water. Out of the complete 90 day program I recall doing 72 days. Travelling with work and commitments with the family chips away days. An hour to 1.5 hours a day 6 days a week is a lot of time.

Sore is good, no pain no gain!! If not sore somewhat the next day after a workout especially a good one then a guys slacking! (grin) Got to use those unused muscles!!

ElkNut1

Not sure why no one follows this guy anymore? He's an animal.

Attachments

• 0812_richard_simmons_5334993_wenn2-1.jpg
    0812_richard_simmons_5334993_wenn2-1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 539
I'm still just running and working on my heart rate zones.

So far I've never felt like I needed help on anything but the cardio and hiking when out hunting, I guess I get enough core work and upper body work just doing stuff around the house and playing weekend farmer type stuff. I'm sure as I get older I'll have to start adding some upper body and core workouts though.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back