P365 vs Glock 43x

TN2shot07

Looking for some opinions from carry experience with these two. I’m open to others as well, these just fit the best out of what I handled so far (typically a revolver guy) The glock I have access to and can shoot but the sig won’t be in stock for a couple weeks.

They point quite differently. Sig has a better trigger IMO, but it's the fit that matters.

I have a Sig P365 and like it! I’ve been pocket carrying it in a Sticky holster for about 1.5 years. It’s accurate, manageable and came with Trijicon night sights.

My son had a Glock 43. It’s a nice gun too, but he got rid of it for a Springfield that holds more rounds than the 365. He’s LE so he can have a magazine over 10 rounds here in commie NYS.

I had a P365 SAS and between the screwy site and the fact that it didn’t fit my hand, I just could never convince myself to like it. Sold it a couple of months ago. I just don’t really like subcompacts in general (I hardly ever concealed carry), so I’ve gone back to full sized M&P platform which fits me really well.

I have the p365 normal version and feel it is an ideal CC for me. Accurate, good capacity and concealable. I’ve never shot a 43 so I can’t compare the two.

I have the 365 SAS and love it, have finger extension on mags and with larger hands can fit three fingers below trigger guard. Love the sights and no snag. If you can see the green your on the target or pretty close for the range a gun like this is intended. I carry it with a Alien IWB holster and barely notice its there. Shoots really nice, like the trigger and not to jumpy on recoil able to stay on target.

Never shot a 43 so not sure the comparison.

I have a 43x and love it, but many people, including me, need to swap the trigger shoe because it’ll give you a pretty good blister. You can also buy a 43 frame for about $100 (and a mag) and just swap the slide if you ever want something smaller for the day.

Both are legit guns. I have or have had both and have shot them extensively. The P365 hits above its weight class. Now that the teething pains are over with it is worth having. It is the first subcompact, or micro-compact, (whatever you want to call it), that blew me away the first time I shot it. I actually had a couple of P365XL also. Great little guns if you don't get a lemon. Sig's QC is not what it used to be.

I shoot all Glocks now. I lost trust in the P320, and I want all of my carry guns of all sizes to have the same manual of arms and grip angle. The P365s were collateral damage.

I am happily plugging along with a G43, a G43x with comp and optic, and a G5G19MOS with an optic.

If you have a full-size or compact double stack carry gun, I would recommend the mini version of the same, whatever that may be.

The grip on the G43x is significantly longer than the P365. Something to be considered for concealment depending on how you will carry.
You can get Shield Arms magazines for the G43x that will hold 15 rounds and still fit flush.

The P365 with longer than standard mags will put you in the 13 to 15 round range, but with an extension. The gap between the grip and extension always pinched my fingers.

The P365 is a stone-cold bitch to reload compared to the G43x. In fact, it's even hard to eject a magazine because your palm gets in the way.

The Glock has much more robust safety features, including a drop safety shelf on the trigger bar that prohibits the cruciform from dropping the striker until the trigger is pressed a certain distance. Also a tabbed trigger, and a firing pin (striker) block safety. The Sig has a firing pin block safety. I don't recall if they have a disconnector like the P320's do after the "Dropgate" issue. Sig offers models equipped with a thumb safety.

If you get a G43x, I would recommend getting one with a black slide. The first run with the silver slides did not have the updates that were implemented to try to pass the tests conducted by federal law enforcement agencies.

The P365XL is worth a look. Unlike the Glock 48, the P365XL has a full-length recoil system. This softens felt recoil and in my opinion, offers better cycle timing for the 147-grain loads that tend to choke the P365 and G43(X).

Edit: I mis-spoke. The drop safety shelf is in the trigger housing. One leg of the cruciform on the trigger bar rests on it until the pre-travel has been taken up. The pre-travel is often complained about and some try to eliminate it with aftermarket triggers. Reduced pre-travel = less engagement of the drop safety shelf.

Last edited:
I generally really love Glocks, I carried a Glock 36 for 6 years. Then I transitioned to Shield right when they came out, then to the P365 SAS a couple years ago. The P365 wasn't on my radar at all until my buddy got it in his shop. The thing felt perfect in my hand, and is the first super compact that hasn't felt insanely top heavy. It balances really well, to me the 43x didn't feel quite as good, but I think its also an excellent gun.

Add the Springfield Hellcat to your list. I am hoping for a chance to hold that side by side with the 365. I‘ve shot the 365 and no complaints. I’ll buy the one that feels the best and I do intend to buy one or the other. You can’t go to the grocery store in America without running into a mass shooting and I need to be better prepared to shoot back.

I'm a revolver guy too but carry a semi auto. Did it for larger magazine and faster reload. First carry gun was a Ruger P-89. didn't take to long to figure it was just to heavy and with the longer barrel harder to hide. I was always conscience of it being there. Went to a S&W shield 9c. Only 8 shots but still fast to reload and very light weight. Small size is re-assuring it's tucked away well. Between the ones your looking at, My son has a couple Glocks and he really likes them. I haven't shot them myself. I think size and weight is something to concern yourself with. Then fire power. 8 rounds and a quick 8 rd reload seems reasonable to me. If for some reason you got in a fight, I some how doubt it's gonna last 8 rds! Part of the weight problem with my Ruger is the eight extra rounds over my S&W. Then the conceal problem for me is the longer barrel. Those thing's don't mean a lot to many but I'd just rather be sure the gun is well concealed and has adequate rounds to fire. I have no intension of getting into a fire fight trying to help someone else that doesn't carry themselves other than family or close friends. Most the friends I have have no idea I carry, no need for them to know.

I think if I were looking at the two your looking at the two main concern's would be weight and size. I imagine both have adequate magazines and easy access to an extra one. Reminds me. When I got my Ruger I got two extra magazines with it. I do wear it now and then because I have it but I swap out the Smith magazine and only carry one extra Ruger magazine. Unreal how much weight I drop doing that and two Ruger magazines hold about 32 rounds of ammo. more than I think I'd need. I have a feeling a lot of people seem to think they are going into combat and carry monster's with them. Come to think of it, if I had to go to Portland, I'd carry the Ruger for the fire power alone. I do not go to Portland. Easier to avoid it that get caught up in something I'd rather not be in in the first place. Knew a guy with a Beretta one time and it was a beautiful gun but it had the same drawback as my Ruger, big and heavy. I am a revolver guy so for me the S&W and Ruger are nothing more than tools.

I'm a revolver guy too but carry a semi auto. Did it for larger magazine and faster reload. First carry gun was a Ruger P-89. didn't take to long to figure it was just to heavy and with the longer barrel harder to hide. I was always conscience of it being there. Went to a S&W shield 9c. Only 8 shots but still fast to reload and very light weight. Small size is re-assuring it's tucked away well. Between the ones your looking at, My son has a couple Glocks and he really likes them. I haven't shot them myself. I think size and weight is something to concern yourself with. Then fire power. 8 rounds and a quick 8 rd reload seems reasonable to me. If for some reason you got in a fight, I some how doubt it's gonna last 8 rds! Part of the weight problem with my Ruger is the eight extra rounds over my S&W. Then the conceal problem for me is the longer barrel. Those thing's don't mean a lot to many but I'd just rather be sure the gun is well concealed and has adequate rounds to fire. I have no intension of getting into a fire fight trying to help someone else that doesn't carry themselves other than family or close friends. Most the friends I have have no idea I carry, no need for them to know.

I think if I were looking at the two your looking at the two main concern's would be weight and size. I imagine both have adequate magazines and easy access to an extra one. Reminds me. When I got my Ruger I got two extra magazines with it. I do wear it now and then because I have it but I swap out the Smith magazine and only carry one extra Ruger magazine. Unreal how much weight I drop doing that and two Ruger magazines hold about 32 rounds of ammo. more than I think I'd need. I have a feeling a lot of people seem to think they are going into combat and carry monster's with them. Come to think of it, if I had to go to Portland, I'd carry the Ruger for the fire power alone. I do not go to Portland. Easier to avoid it that get caught up in something I'd rather not be in in the first place. Knew a guy with a Beretta one time and it was a beautiful gun but it had the same drawback as my Ruger, big and heavy. I am a revolver guy so for me the S&W and Ruger are nothing more than tools.
A Ruger P89 was the first handgun I bought, just to shoot tho. That thing is built like a tank and has never had a hiccup. I agree, wouldn’t want to tote that thing around.

Add the Springfield Hellcat to your list. I am hoping for a chance to hold that side by side with the 365. I‘ve shot the 365 and no complaints. I’ll buy the one that feels the best and I do intend to buy one or the other. You can’t go to the grocery store in America without running into a mass shooting and I need to be better prepared to shoot back.
A Hellcat was originally on my list, I have yet to see one in person tho.

I have carried a Glock Mod. 23 in .40 for many years both for regular patrol and covert assignments. I have fired thousands of rounds through it with an issue.

Never heard of needing to do this.
If I remember right it’s because the safety trigger blade doesn’t go completely into the main trigger, it’s protrudes a little. So you’re left with a very narrow contact point on your finger.
Obviously everyone’s hands and grip are different so for some people this will be a non issue. But I worked at my lgs for 2 years and heard the same thing from quite a few people.
The good news is, it’s a cheap and easy fix. (Under $40 for an overwatch polydat flat face trigger)

I can't make the direct comparison, but I can tell you I LOVE my p365 even though I am not a big fan of striker fired handguns in general. Here are my thoughts on the P365 from an earlier thread.

I went through 7 or 8 different carry 9mms over 15 years or so trying to find the perfect one - none stood the test of time. And then I found the P365 (standard, not SAS). It is a wonderful gun. Great fit and feel, fair price, very accurate for its barrel length, somehow really drops perceived recoil (which with a 9mm doesn't start out as much to begin with), small on the belt but big in the hand (especially with the optional mag extender), more rounds per mag than its competition (although they are now catching up). Just all around a near-perfect firearm. I put it up with my p229s, my p210, my Tikkas, and my Bergara premiers for overall owner satisfaction. This one is a keeper for sure. As for the SAS variant, I looked at both and wasn't a huge fan of the sights or the slide release.

I carry a 43x and love it, the Sig will be good as well but which one feels the best to you would be the winner, I just lean towards Glock....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back