Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

P365 vs Glock 43x

A few years back, I rented a Sig 365. I put exactly 50 rounds through it which isn’t much, but I was really impressed. I have a first generation Shield 9mm that I have thousands of rounds through and a ton of confidence with. If I needed I would have bought the Sig in a heartbeat but have lots invested in holsters and mags for the Shield. S&W just came out with the Shield Plus that is their own version of the Sig 365. Microcompact pistol and the cool thing is that it uses regular shield holsters. I got to handle one the other day but haven’t bought or shot it yet. I think I’m sold on it. I like the “deeper” grip (front to back) of the Shield over the Sig and the new Shield Plus keeps that and adds just a small bit of width to the grip, but not much. I have bigger hands and that extra width will be a welcome improvement along with some extra rounds. Check out the Shield Plus if you can!

i think a few things to consider, size of hands and anyone else in your household that is familiar with either the sig or glock manual of arms? 365 is a small grip compared to the glock grip. I don't think you could wrong with either as most will be personal preference anyway. Just putting out there other things to possibly think about.

Looking for some opinions from carry experience with these two. I’m open to others as well, these just fit the best out of what I handled so far (typically a revolver guy) The glock I have access to and can shoot but the sig won’t be in stock for a couple weeks.
Glocks and Sig Sauers are fantastic!

The 365 is epic! The 43 is as well. I'd go with the 10+1 vs 6+1. Sig gets my vote for conceal carry of those two choices.

If my former duty gun wasn't .40 I would have stayed with the 9mm however, I have a stockpile of .40 so my Off carry is the G27. Now that we switched to the G47 modified, I'm very tempted to p/u a 9mm Off carry. Time to stock up 9mm ammo.

My wife just purchased the P365 SAS and I think this is the Cat's meow of conceal carry. The 365 has been through and true since Sig introduced to the public.

I have a Sig P365 and like it! I’ve been pocket carrying it in a Sticky holster for about 1.5 years. It’s accurate, manageable and came with Trijicon night sights.

My son had a Glock 43. It’s a nice gun too, but he got rid of it for a Springfield that holds more rounds than the 365. He’s LE so he can have a magazine over 10 rounds here in commie NYS.
P365 and Sticky for me too. Shoots and handles very well.

The Ameriglow sights are a worthwhile upgrade on the Glock. Not sure if you can get them on the Sig, although I doubt it’s hard to swap them out.

43x is 10+1.
I really thought that was odd a 6 + 1, however it appears the 43x is basically a longer handle to accommodate the 10 + 1. Is that basically the only difference between the 43 & 43x? A definite must! I was really surprised to see a compact 9 mil with only 6 + 1.

I really thought that was odd a 6 + 1, however it appears the 43x is basically a longer handle to accommodate the 10 + 1. Is that basically the only difference between the 43 & 43x? A definite must! I was really surprised to see a compact 9 mil with only 6 + 1.
A 43 is 6+1. I think the slide is a little longer on a 43x if I recall correctly.

A 43x with a TLR-7 is a helluva combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back