Ozzie Fallow hunt

ds

Hi Guys, Thought I would share with you all some pics from Aprils Fallow deer rut here in Australia. Past seasons have not been so great here in Victoria, though this year the bucks were more vocal which made for some exciting bowhunting.
Young doe.
FallowDoeApril2007.jpg

Brothers Doe.
TonysFallowDoeApril2007.png

Antlerless Buck.
cullbuck2.jpg

Buck.
FallowBuckApril2007.jpg

I almost need to turn the pictures upside down to see a Smile.. but I guess thats the Equator difference or something ?!?! ;)

Awesome pics ! Tell us abpoutthe season and how you hunt them ? Spot and stalk ? tree stands ? Run them into a fence ?!?! Talk to us, them's ar' kewl critters !

Cheers fellas, Fallow deer here in Vic have a year round season with no bag limit, having said that we generally only hunt them during the Rut. Though some of the other states do have seasons while others are like Vic.
Generally we spot and stalk, though setting up an ambush between feeding/bedding areas or on a bucks scrape line can prove productive. During the rut Fallow bucks are vocal emitting a croaking sound not unlike the sound of a burp after you have just sculled a can of coke.:D
Its all good fun, though sticking an arrow in one is never easy no different to bowhunting one of your own deer I imagine.

are vocal emitting a croaking sound not unlike the sound of a burp after you have just sculled a can of coke.
I'm not positive what 'sculling' is, but I'm guessing Moosie could call in a few with his morning 89ozer!

ds- That looks like a blast and the lack of a season and bag limit would be fun as well.

I'm not positive what 'sculling' is, but I'm guessing Moosie could call in a few with his morning 89ozer!

ds- That looks like a blast and the lack of a season and bag limit would be fun as well.

I thought that (skulling) an interesting colloquialism as well.

NIce pics and story ds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back