OYOA - Outdoor Channel Scheduling

lbirch

I recently discovered why that my DVR hasn't been recording new OYOA episodes (my favorite show BTW). I've been wondering when the new episodes would be showing. And with the 2012 hunting season coming to a close, except for the wiley coyote, its time to catch up.

I was channel surfing the other night and saw an episode from a couple years ago coming on soon. I seen it before many times but thought WTH. I decided to watch and was shocked to see it was a new episode and one I haven't seen. Needless to say I've changed the DVR to record all shows new and old, regardless.

What's up with the Outdoor Channel and why are they listing new episodes as old. Even the descriptions aren't right.

The network outsources these programming guides to a company that does it with many networks. They are all messed up. I have called the network many times to complain. It does not good. I wish there was something I could do about it, but have run out of energy and options.

Supposedly, the group who they hire looks at our old descriptions and titles and if we have a new hunt that looks similar to a past hunt, they just copy and paste the title and description from the old hunt. Yeah, I know. WTH?

Sorry for the problem. You would think after all the work that goes into producing these episodes and all the time I spend completing their programming guide questionnaires, that the episode descriptions would get done correctly.

Thanks for the post. I haven't watched any recent episodes because I thought they were all reruns. I guess I'll have to figure out what I've missed.

We are still on Sportsman Channel.

Sorry, I didn't even catch that in the original post. Suffice to say, the show will shut down before it goes back to Outdoor Channel.

You're right. Sorry.

Thanks for the explanation though. It's a real honor hearing from you.

Last edited:
I wondered about the screwed up program guide descriptions. Are all networks outsourced to the same writing company? Because the Primetime sitcoms sure seem to get it right everytime....

I wondered about the screwed up program guide descriptions. Are all networks outsourced to the same writing company? Because the Primetime sitcoms sure seem to get it right everytime....

They sure do get it right, so I doubt they use this same service.

WTH Now I guess instead of having your name on the headline you will have to have a different one for each show. So they wont copy n paste. Maybe something like ONYA 2013 SEASON Volume 1 Scene 1 CUT 3 Yea it seems that way with everything anymore.

Funny you have the same thing but with a different twist and they think it's still the same one.

I went to the Doc this morning, with a simple sinus infection. They wanted to run labs on me for my blood pressure. Which is under control, U just need a antibiotic for this sinus infection. after 15 min i get them to realize what im there for and they look at my ENT and say yep you have a sinus infection. well call you a perscription in to your pharmacy. I go to the pharmacy to pick it up. Guess what.? I have a script waiting for me for my bloodpressure. Person that called it in just looked at my chart on my routine med and called it in go figure..

Is the show currently running?
I just upgraded my programming, but i'm not finding the show at it's listed times.

Last edited:
On direct tv I have to pay more for outdoor channel . I don't and won't , I get the sportsmen as part of a different package. Better programs if You ask me anyway .......BOB!

I was getting frustrated as well, I bet I only saw 3 new episodes this year. Definitely my favorite hunting show. Will they be playing reruns of this season anytime soon?

Yeah i have missed a ton of shows. Direc TV and others need some serious changes with this.

Show times

I too can't find the show at the scheduled times. Short term problem?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back