OYOA - Big changes coming

Best of luck Randy, you certainly have a lot on the plate!

This is the only US forum i post on, and i certainly enjoy all the threads and keen hunters putting in their two cents worth. Glad Hunt talk will continue the way it is.

You guys have a TV show? That should be interesting to watch! I thought this place was just to talk about hunting. Can't wait to watch.

Congrats Randy.

I really appreciate you taking something that is good and pushing it to be great. You and your team have certainly earned it over the last few years.

Happy to hear your sponsors and the network could see your vision. Any new and innovative methods of outdoor TV production are desirable as so many of the programs are sloppy seconds.

You will kill it with this new series!

So does this mean you might take Cushman hunting and film him now instead of you? Sounds interesting... :)

Nope. Same sponsors.

The change is driven by me. I want to do something that is a deeper story than what we have been doing. I want a style and format that is different from normal outdoor TV. What we have done with OYOA has been received greatly, thanks to all of you who watch. I know that we can do even better, all while telling the self-guided hunter story.
I a glad that you have succeeded to the point of being able to tell the story you want in the manner you want. Well done! Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. The, IMO, slight change to basis of accessible lands is a good one.

So is the next step a big shiny tour bus and the launch of the 'bang flop' brand of hunting products?:D

Just kidding. Love the show so far and looking forward to the new one. Congrats!

Randy,

Does the new business plan allow for filming more on National Forest? I know that film permits costs are a huge impact to operational expenses. With the mindset of hunting on public land most of the OYOA you're limiting to BLM or state land and I think that's because of your filming permit. I venture to guess that's affected the success of filling your tag where if you had a permit for the NF in the same hunting zone/unit you might have been able to be on more game animals. The regular hunter has free access to these lands and it'd be nice to be able to capture that on film. I have never understood filming permits and the pricing structure of them.

I hope that with the new format there will be DVD's out so that we can take the show everywhere, even to hunting camp.

Back