Yeti GOBOX Collection

Overly dramatic Eastman's

Anyone who's brightest bit of wisdom is "the Achilles heel of the mule deer is the rut" is not someone I'm going to put on a pedestal.

Anyone who's brightest bit of wisdom is "the Achilles heel of the mule deer is the rut" is not someone I'm going to put on a pedestal.

Who is trying to put him on a pedestal? Is he so terrible you wouldn't want his help in preserving public lands?

I guess I would rather write him a letter telling him how he might change his message, and encourage him to use his platform even more for our common cause.

Clearly an arbitrary purity test is needed. Toe the line 100% or go sit with Jennifer Fielder.

That is sarcasm of course. I got the email too, and found it distasteful. Still glad the guy is on our side, lots of people all over the country subscribe to his content. Hopefully he elevates the public lands message even more in the future. This article a month or two ago was pretty decent.

Using the word murder when talking about anything other than taking the life of a human is a pet peeve of mine. Animals are killed not murdered. Let's leave the personification of animals to the antis.

That said, I don't mind Eastmans. As far as I know, they are pro-public land.

Heard a podcast ( Rich Outdoors Episode 018 ) where Guy Eastman was interviewed. From the persona on the TV show, I had a whole different impression than I what I heard during that interview. Came across as intelligent, down to earth, conservation minded and just a good dude. Changed my opinion, and as a result, I added his show to my DVR list.

I think Guy Eastman is getting the public lands in public hands message out as best he can. It's a serious issue for hunters, and we need all the allies we can get. I like Eastman's forum.

The factual thing about that film that has not been mentioned, is that the cow was most likely dead before that coyote every came around. The calf was upside down and appeared to be very large. The cow could not have the calf and if the rancher had been watching the cow, things could have been different.

Not watching the cow (poor management) killed that cow and calf. The coyote was only caught in the act cleaning up the ranchers mistake.

I let Guy know what I thought about it.

Last edited:
Again you guys will pick apart everything and everybody. This is one of the reason we as hunters have so much infighting. Bow hunters don't like rifle hunters, it's not ethical to train your dog with raised birds, and so on. We are going to loose everything if we can't learn to get along with each other. Divided we fail. You don't have to agree 100% with what someone says or believes. We have a common goal.

People are silly creatures. No one will ever agree with one persons opinions, actions or statements. Compromise has all but been forgotten. I blame Al Gore and the Internet cause everyone is an armchair expert. :D

Again you guys will pick apart everything and everybody. This is one of the reason we as hunters have so much infighting. Bow hunters don't like rifle hunters, it's not ethical to train your dog with raised birds, and so on. We are going to loose everything if we can't learn to get along with each other. Divided we fail. You don't have to agree 100% with what someone says or believes. We have a common goal.

We might "lose" it, but not "loose" it. That stupid video has nothing to do with bring hunters together or separating them. It was just plain misleading. I thought Guy knew more about ranching etc., but I guess that I was wrong.

The factual thing about that film that has not been mentioned, is that the cow was most likely dead before that coyote every came around. The calf was upside down and appeared to be very large. The cow could not have the calf and if the rancher had been watching the cow, things could have been different.

Not watching the cow (poor management) killed that cow and calf. The coyote was only caught in the act cleaning up the ranchers mistake.

I let Guy know what I thought about it.

^^This is the most accurate post in the discussion^^

Who ever decided to market that video as "murder" by coyote doesn't know shit from shineola.

Of course it's a silly headline, maybe even a stupid headline. However, I imagine they are also trying to make a living. It's strange because in the hunting world we blur the lines between editorializing and entertainment and hold participants to a rather nebulous high standard. I understand that when professional athletes weigh in on political issues they are often similarly vilified, but I agree that a polite note urging a little more info and a little less inflammatory pulp might be a good route to address this if you feel the need. Sometimes I read all the establishments people won't frequent anymore, companies they won't support anymore, magazines they won't read anymore, gear that people won't use anymore, clothes they won't wear anymore, and I think wow, it must be a pretty empty existence being that dogmatic😕

I got that email and immediately thought Eastmans is starting to watch too much Disney channel.To call a yote a murderer is ridiculous,and belongs in a Disney movie not a hunters site.As if I haven't lost enough respect for them.Their MRS section is a year behind or totally inaccurate,they now hunt private ranches guided,and now animals have human personalities.

I got that email and immediately thought Eastmans is starting to watch too much Disney channel.To call a yote a murderer is ridiculous,and belongs in a Disney movie not a hunters site.As if I haven't lost enough respect for them.Their MRS section is a year behind or totally inaccurate,they now hunt private ranches guided,and now animals have human personalities.

YEP! Grandpa Eastman has probably rolled over in his grave a few times the way they have changed for the worse the last few years!

A BOLO has been issued for all coyotes wanted on 187 against baby cows. Consider them armed and dangerous.

Even my pre-schooler knows that a baby cow is called a calf BTW.

For those of you who seem so angered by this, there is a very easy solution.
You obviously received the email because you are a subscriber to the magazine. So just email them back and tell them you are terminating your subscription because you disagree 100% with everything they are doing.

We might "lose" it, but not "loose" it. That stupid video has nothing to do with bring hunters together or separating them. It was just plain misleading. I thought Guy knew more about ranching etc., but I guess that I was wrong.

Don't you mean bringing as opposed to "bring"? If you're going to fix typos for someone you should at least proof read your own. That said, the video is not what he was talking about. It was the experts in all things from animal husbandry to politically correct media sharing posting on a public forum about the evils of the video and it's title that seems to be the wedge.

Don't you mean bringing as opposed to "bring"? If you're going to fix typos for someone you should at least proof read your own. That said, the video is not what he was talking about. It was the experts in all things from animal husbandry to politically correct media sharing posting on a public forum about the evils of the video and it's title that seems to be the wedge.

Yep! Ya got me! :D

People are silly creatures. No one will ever agree with one persons opinions, actions or statements. Compromise has all but been forgotten. I blame Al Gore and the Internet cause everyone is an armchair expert. :D

Haha! Your post reminds me of this cartoon:

Someone-is-wrong-on-internet.png

:D

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back