OUTDOORCLASS - Two years of work

I'm not sure it would be of much utility for me as I have spent tens of thousands of hours afield chasing deer, elk, and moose. But seeing so many threads on here started by those who are starting out and begging for info (and invariably getting a lot of smart-ass response from aged experts), I can definitely see where something like this can be a useful tool. An idiot can be a successful hunter in Africa because he has an expert standing right beside him the entire time. Not the same here, especially DIY on public land. These canned programs won't make anyone an expert, only field experience will do that. But they can be a good starting point if done properly.

I'm not sure it would be of much utility for me as I have spent tens of thousands of hours afield chasing deer, elk, and moose. But seeing so many threads on here started by those who are starting out and begging for info (and invariably getting a lot of smart-ass response from aged experts), I can definitely see where something like this can be a useful tool. An idiot can be a successful hunter in Africa because he has an expert standing right beside him the entire time. Not the same here, especially DIY on public land. These canned programs won't make anyone an expert, only field experience will do that. But they can be a good starting point if done properly.
Then I guess you’re a better chef than Jaime Teigen? The difference as I see it, is that a master learner is always learning… but a fool assumes they know everything.

Then I guess you’re a better chef than Jaime Teigen? The difference as I see it, is that a master learner is always learning… but a fool assumes they know everything.
I'm not big on eating. No interest whatsoever in the cooking shows. But that's just me. I'm the kinda guy who prefers to find his own way in the woods. As much as possible anyway. I don't know everything but I do know a lot. And most of it I learned on my own. Never been into bugling elk or calling moose. I prefer tracking them. So why would I need to be educated in bugling and calling? Also know little about long range shooting and I'm fine with that.

I’ve spent thousands on hunting gear. Don’t think twice about 75$ ammo or 50$ broad heads so if I learn anything from the outdoor class then it’s worth the money. I’ve also got plenty of time to go through the classes. I just don’t see a downside here for me.

How do we get updates when new content is added?
Members will be emailed. Right now we have in the can for edit/coming release are 1) Corey Jacobsen's University of Elk Hunting, 2) Hank Shaw's venison cooking, and 3) my pronghorn course. Not sure the release dates, but they will be in that order, with #1 almost ready for release.

Some updates for Outdoor Class.

Hank Shaw's course is now live.
Corey Jacobsen's University of Elk Hunting is now part of Outdoor Class.

We are wrapping up my pronghorn course and the goal is to have it published by the end of January. We are filming John Barklow for his class on survival and gear. And this spring we will film another class with Remi and another class with Corey.

If you are interested in saving some money, between now and the end of the year, you can save 30% with promo code RANDY30. Link here - https://www.outdoorclass.com/checkout/subscribe/purchase?code=randy30&plan=yearly

T
Some updates for Outdoor Class.

Hank Shaw's course is now live.
Corey Jacobsen's University of Elk Hunting is now part of Outdoor Class.

We are wrapping up my pronghorn course and the goal is to have it published by the end of January. We are filming John Barklow for his class on survival and gear. And this spring we will film another class with Remi and another class with Corey.

If you are interested in saving some money, between now and the end of the year, you can save 30% with promo code RANDY30. Link here - https://www.outdoorclass.com/checkout/subscribe/purchase?code=randy30&plan=yearly
Thanks!

Well, it's been two years of work that launched today. It is an outdoor education platform called OutdoorClass.

This is a platform for folks interested in adding information to their outdoor knowledge, mostly starting with hunting courses and then progressing to cooking, game care, survival, shooting, archery, backcountry skills, and more.

I was asked to do a course on Rifle Elk Hunting, focusing on the post-rut and late season periods. Corey Jacobsen presents a course on calling elk in the pre-rut and peak rut. Remi Warren presents a course on mule deer. Jamie Tiegen brings her chef talents to wild game cooking.

These are the first four courses at launch, with more courses coming from John Barklow, Hank Shaw, Ryan Lampers, and many others over the next year, and beyond. If you want to learn more, here is the "About OutdoorClass" link.

If you are interested in signing up, the price is $99 per year. You get all the courses in the library for the same price. And as always, if you want to save money, use promo code RANDY and save 20%.

To sign up, here is the link below:
https://www.outdoorclass.com/
View attachment 225986
Did it! I’m having trouble getting the UEH modules to load

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back