OUTDOORCLASS - Two years of work

@Big Fin , how do these classes compare to something like the "master hunter program"?
Do you guys have any content centering around ethics, land use, leave no trace, landowner-hunter relationships?
I ask because you are often held up as the shining example of hunter recruitment, which I applaud you for, but are we teaching these new folks more than just how to be an effective hunter?

As Im sure you are aware there is a lot of talk in the various commission meetings about hunter behavior/attitudes and it would be nice if we could show that we are at least trying to teach new hunters to have strong ethics.

I think often those of us who grew up with strong mentors and generally engaged in the life style of the west forget to share some of the most basic things that we do.

Simple things like your video on "how to poop in the woods" comes to mind.
I wished I had access to that "how to poop in the woods" video before my first time. Possibly related subject, I wish there were more graphics on what poison ivy looks like. Maybe some notes to not have Indian cuisine before having to do this your first time. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and do things all over again for a much more favorable outcome.....

I do agree about the ethics classes. But my guess is those that don't care will still ruin it for those that do. There are always some things that could be geared more for hunting out west, for those that may live in states that are much different in the midwest. Quartering versus whole animal on BLM or BMA properties...... If you are 3 miles back in away from a drivable road, and it is a walk-in only, should you feel bad for leaving the carcass?

John Barklow's course, Backcountry Mission Planning, just went live today. This one is filled with a lot of great information. You get all these courses, plus the University of Elk Hunting, in the same susciption.

Promo code RANDY saves 20%.

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 2.52.20 PM.png

Any update on the antelope module?
The pronghorn course I worked on for the last two hunting seasons went live this morning. Link here - https://www.outdoorclass.com/instructors/randy-newberg

There are 12 chapters. I felt like I could have done 25 chapters. Maybe I am too much of a pronghorn nerd. I think folks will find a lot of value in the course, especially when combined with all the other courses on the Outdoor Class platform.

If you are interested, use promo code RANDY when you sign up and they will give you a 20% discount.

20230328_Social_ODC_RandyPronghorn_Affiliate_CodeRandy_1x1.jpg

For those who may have had issues accessing UEH through outdoor class, I had the same problem. Support sent me a web url which I saved to my home screen and works but the link in the Outdoor class app does not. Try UEH.outdoorclass.com in your web browser. Hopefully they will just add all the content into the app soon

Out of curiosity, is Outdoor Class owned by those contributing content?
Doesn't really matter does it?

If this had been around when I first travelled across the pond in 2012 I would of signed up in a heart beat.
Many of my existing hunting skills were transferable but some weren't, this would of been useful to me back then.

Cheers

Richard

Well, it's been two years of work that launched today. It is an outdoor education platform called OutdoorClass.

This is a platform for folks interested in adding information to their outdoor knowledge, mostly starting with hunting courses and then progressing to cooking, game care, survival, shooting, archery, backcountry skills, and more.

I was asked to do a course on Rifle Elk Hunting, focusing on the post-rut and late season periods. Corey Jacobsen presents a course on calling elk in the pre-rut and peak rut. Remi Warren presents a course on mule deer. Jamie Tiegen brings her chef talents to wild game cooking.

These are the first four courses at launch, with more courses coming from John Barklow, Hank Shaw, Ryan Lampers, and many others over the next year, and beyond. If you want to learn more, here is the "About OutdoorClass" link.

If you are interested in signing up, the price is $99 per year. You get all the courses in the library for the same price. And as always, if you want to save money, use promo code RANDY and save 20%.

To sign up, here is the link below:
https://www.outdoorclass.com/
View attachment 225986
Very nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back