OUTDOORCLASS - Two years of work

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's been two years of work that launched today. It is an outdoor education platform called OutdoorClass.

This is a platform for folks interested in adding information to their outdoor knowledge, mostly starting with hunting courses and then progressing to cooking, game care, survival, shooting, archery, backcountry skills, and more.

I was asked to do a course on Rifle Elk Hunting, focusing on the post-rut and late season periods. Corey Jacobsen presents a course on calling elk in the pre-rut and peak rut. Remi Warren presents a course on mule deer. Jamie Tiegen brings her chef talents to wild game cooking.

These are the first four courses at launch, with more courses coming from John Barklow, Hank Shaw, Ryan Lampers, and many others over the next year, and beyond. If you want to learn more, here is the "About OutdoorClass" link.

If you are interested in signing up, the price is $99 per year. You get all the courses in the library for the same price. And as always, if you want to save money, use promo code RANDY and save 20%.

To sign up, here is the link below:
https://www.outdoorclass.com/
RandyOCvertical3.jpg

The Rifle Elk piece Randy did is A++ - haven't watched other pieces yet but was blown away by the quality of production and content
Out of curiosity - how much different is it than the stuff on Elk101 that he did with Corey? Trying to figure out whether this is new info before I sign up!

Reactions: JAG
Out of curiosity - how much different is it than the stuff on Elk101 that he did with Corey? Trying to figure out whether this is new info before I sign up!
There are differences, but right now the University of Elk Hunting is more in depth on archery elk content than OutdoorClass. Corey is shooting more OutdoorClass chapters in the next year, but it will be a while before OC gets to the archery elk hunting depth that UEH has.

If you already subscribe to UEH, I believe OC is going to be provided as a free item to all UEH subscribers. That covers those UEH members who are asking the same question you have.

UEH does not have the depth of rifle elk, the mule deer from Remi, the cooking from Jamie and others on the schedule, as you will find in OC. UEH also will not have the survival course from Barklow, the mountain and bear hunting from Lampers, and the list goes on and on of topics coming to OutdoorClass.

Summary, if archery elk is your gig, UEH is the ticket for now. And with both of them, our promo code (RANDY) saves you 20%.

There are differences, but right now the University of Elk Hunting is more in depth on archery elk content than OutdoorClass. Corey is shooting more OutdoorClass chapters in the next year, but it will be a while before OC gets to the archery elk hunting depth that UEH has.

If you already subscribe to UEH, I believe OC is going to be provided as a free item to all UEH subscribers. That covers those UEH members who are asking the same question you have.

UEH does not have the depth of rifle elk, the mule deer from Remi, the cooking from Jamie and others on the schedule, as you will find in OC. UEH also will not have the survival course from Barklow, the mountain and bear hunting from Lampers, and the list goes on and on of topics coming to OutdoorClass.

Summary, if archery elk is your gig, UEH is the ticket for now. And with both of them, our promo code (RANDY) saves you 20%.
Thanks Boss! I just wanted to ask before I rushed to throw my money at it - but I am definitely more rifle focused than archery! If OC is half as good as Fresh Tracks+ it will be more than worth it!

As always, appreciate the discount codes!

@Big Fin , how do these classes compare to something like the "master hunter program"?
Do you guys have any content centering around ethics, land use, leave no trace, landowner-hunter relationships?
I ask because you are often held up as the shining example of hunter recruitment, which I applaud you for, but are we teaching these new folks more than just how to be an effective hunter?

As Im sure you are aware there is a lot of talk in the various commission meetings about hunter behavior/attitudes and it would be nice if we could show that we are at least trying to teach new hunters to have strong ethics.

I think often those of us who grew up with strong mentors and generally engaged in the life style of the west forget to share some of the most basic things that we do.

Simple things like your video on "how to poop in the woods" comes to mind.

Last edited:
Randy, how do these classes compare to something like the "master hunter program"?
Do you guys have any content centering around ethics, land use, leave no trace, landowner-hunter relationships?
I ask because you are often held up as the shining example of hunter recruitment, which I applaud you for, but are we teaching these new folks more than just how to be an effective hunter?

As Im sure you are aware there is a lot of talk in the various commission meetings about hunter behavior/attitudes and it would be nice if we could show that we are at least trying to teach new hunters to have strong ethics.

I think often those of us who grew up with strong mentors and generally engaged in the life style of the west forget to share some of the most basic things that we do.

Simple things like your video on "how to poop in the woods" comes to mind.
Man, those things don’t sell. That’s all this is, a money maker and another attempt to stay relevant in “the industry.”

You know what the most impressive thing about hunting is: when someone consistently notches their tags on big, mature animals and doesn’t say a word about it or post pictures for everyone to see what they’ve done. These guys in this class aren’t those guys. You find a guy who has a garage full of giant racks that nobody has ever seen and pick his brain and you will learn more than this generic “expert” instruction.

Not going to lie, if I invest in this the real selling line on the website was under the elk calling bit, "...Amaze your hunting buddies and annoy your family with your newfound calling skills..."

Love it!

i purchased UEH course. how do I apply the credit to Outdoor Class? it looks like a great program

Well, it's been two years of work that launched today. It is an outdoor education platform called OutdoorClass.

This is a platform for folks interested in adding information to their outdoor knowledge, mostly starting with hunting courses and then progressing to cooking, game care, survival, shooting, archery, backcountry skills, and more.

I was asked to do a course on Rifle Elk Hunting, focusing on the post-rut and late season periods. Corey Jacobsen presents a course on calling elk in the pre-rut and peak rut. Remi Warren presents a course on mule deer. Jamie Tiegen brings her chef talents to wild game cooking.

These are the first four courses at launch, with more courses coming from John Barklow, Hank Shaw, Ryan Lampers, and many others over the next year, and beyond. If you want to learn more, here is the "About OutdoorClass" link.

If you are interested in signing up, the price is $99 per year. You get all the courses in the library for the same price. And as always, if you want to save money, use promo code RANDY and save 20%.

To sign up, here is the link below:
https://www.outdoorclass.com/
View attachment 225986
Loving the course. When do they add new peeps/content?

i purchased UEH course. how do I apply the credit to Outdoor Class? it looks like a great program
I was told that I should’ve received an email from UEH. Don’t think I did. Emailed them and they responded promptly with instructions on logging into Outdoor Class.

Haven’t really dug in, but nice to see things I’ve read about visualized.

Check out the
Hunter Landowner Stewardship Project.

FWP has run this for years, but they don’t seem to advertise it at all and participation is dismally low. If more people took the quick online class it might help counter the narrative that Joe/Jane Hunter have crappy ethics and don’t know how to respect property.

Plus, you get a pretty nice hat for completing the online class.

Thought about discounted rates for people who re-subscribe? I joined mostly to send a few bucks your way after consuming your content for free for years. I think it could be difficult to produce enough new content each year to entice people to re-subscribe. Just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back