Our Wyoming Antelope hunt.....

Hiker

Our Wyoming Antelope hunt.

This was Jessica's (age 12) first hunt. Meredith & I had a great time with her and our good Christian friends Dave and Sally. We stayed with Dave and Sally and hunted their and their neighbor's land. Sally cooked for us. She and Dave spoiled us the whole time we were there.

Jessica shot this doe at 351 yards, according to my rangefinder. She was using her Mom's 25-06, with 120 grain handloads, which were made by her "adopted" Great Grand Father Ernie, before he went to be with his Lord. I wanted to make sure she used this special ammo for her first hunt, as Ernie is a very special person to our family. He died at the age of 93 a few years back.

Attachments

• 06 WY-Jessica's 1st kill 2.jpg
    06 WY-Jessica's 1st kill 2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 856
This is Jessica's first buck, Killed with the same weapon......Yes, she killed the largest buck on the trip. That is exactly what her mother prayed for and God answered it. She was so excited and a true sport to stick with it.....a true blessing to all of us and as Dave said, "she's a kick in the pants". We have been planning this hunt for a couple of years now and it was sure worth the wait.

Attachments

• Jessica's Buck antelope Oct. 25, 2006.jpg
    Jessica's Buck antelope Oct. 25, 2006.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 855
Jessica with our good friends, Dave & Sally. They are a true blessing to be around and hunt with.

Dave & Sally love to hunt and just got back from a Arctic hunt. They killed three caribou and a barren ground Grizzly, Dave's second. Dave showed me his antler collection and I was amazed and I only saw part of them. Out of 44 elk permits, he has killed 42 elk. That is downright incredible...........Wow.

Attachments

• Jessica, Dave & Sally 06.jpg
    Jessica, Dave & Sally 06.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 854
Jeff aka Hiker and Meredith with Jessica and her buck....

Attachments

• Jessica with her Mom & Dad 06.jpg
    Jessica with her Mom & Dad 06.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 848
Meredith's Buck............

Attachments

• 06 WY-Mere's buck.jpg
    06 WY-Mere's buck.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 839
Jeff's aka Hiker buck..........the smallest of the three....

Thanks to Dave and Sally and their ATV's the drags were easy.....Meredith said, I like this type of hunting.

This was a very special hunt and we Thank God for His blessings.

Attachments

• 06 WY-Hiker's buck and family.jpg
    06 WY-Hiker's buck and family.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 826
It sounds like everyone had a great time! Congrats on the successful hunt. Jessica looks happier than all get out...and rightfully so. It's good to see young hunters out in the field enjoying the sport and spending quality time with friends and family. Excellent!

Thats probably the biggest smile I've seen on here this year, it says it all!

Congrats on the fine animals.

Great trophy's, the best hunt you can have is a childs and even better when they are succesfull congrats.

Awsome!! She looks Tickled PINK!! Hunt for a kid you will feed them for the year, teach a kid to hunt and you will feed them for a lifetime!! LIL

Big time congratulations to all of you, WOW! Keep it up! You should get those pictures framed and on the wall, they are absolutely fantastic!

Some of the best family pics I've seen all year...Congrats and way to get em' out in the field and away from the X-Box!!

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Sounds like an awesome hunt and a great time..

Thank you all for your kind comments. You are right, Jessica had a time of her life and is looking forward to hunting Big Game again next year. I'm going to try to get her out this winter for some coyotes. I asked her if she wanted to get her buck mounted? She said, YES! So it's at the Taxidermist and she's counting down the days until it comes home.
We have 3 other children who can't wait until they reach age 12 so they can hunt too. I'm looking forward to that time when all 6 of us can go hunting together, especially when my boys get to be teenagers, so I can hunt those deep, dark, bottomless canyons and have help to haul out the game. That'll help to build character in them. :eek: :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back