Yeti GOBOX Collection

Other hobbies?

...DIY projects that take 3 times longer, cost 5 times more and end up in far inferior results than hiring a professional.

Thought I was the only one afflicted by this, "hobby". Start fresh build or buy an inexpensive Harbor Freight tool... turns 10x's longer chasing my own f-ups and 5x's the price of a quality item. Somehow, it's enjoyable. :)

Time off:
Wife and I enjoy restaurant and antique hunting. She started golf lessons and I've joined. I've lived life with beer in one hand and putter in other... now instructors are trying to teach an old dog new tricks - without a beer in hand!

Mainly DIY builds / modifications - metal projects.
On the fence whether to buy or build a forge as a DIY (refer to wildabeast's comment) for my next hopeful hobby.

Examples:

Aluminum welding bed extensions.

2724.jpeg

Of course, we'd love to do more of this as a hobby...

20210117_064722.jpg

Most of all... when my wife or daughter share that genuine appreciative smile... life's hobby is best of the best!

How about Split Horn Coffee Company? Use a pronghorn image in the logo. I'm pretty good with computer graphics and could maybe help you with that.View attachment 178662
Split horn - I like that. Here's a thought..buy a small coffee plantation in Hawaii (it's not as crazy as it sounds). Grow your beans to add to your stock. You can probably write off some of the trips out to check on the plants and while you're there do some hunts in the islands (which you probably can't write off - but the big expense of getting there might be covered)....

I've lived life with beer in one hand and putter in other... now instructors are trying to teach an old dog new tricks - without a beer in hand!

🤔🤔is that EVEN possible?
All these years I thought golf was just a method to make me drink my
beer s-l-o-w-e-r?? Golfing without a beer is like playing polo without a horse😳😳
8FC872E8-484D-47B0-997E-A8DE97E1B460.gif

Do some window tinting and detailing a few vehicles. Have a few acres of alfalfa, and also on a volunteer fire dept, 90% wildland firefighting, (when you work at the butcher shop and then fight ranchers fires it helps with getting permission to chase big muleys I've found out😀.) Flathead fishing in the summer as well as some bass fishing to.

Last edited:
I've had several hobbies over the years from baseball, softball, basketball, volleyball, fly fishing, photography, and golf.

For some I got too old, others I drifted to a different hobby. About twenty years ago I crossed paths with fieldtrialing pointing dogs from horseback. That is what my free time is largely consumed with since then. So it's either training a dog, conditioning a dog, training a horse, riding a horse into shape, or a combination thereof.

I would have liked to have crossed paths with horses earlier in life, I enjoy everything about them,,except maybe some vet bills.

Today, my granddaughter got to ride one of my horses, for her second time. She seems to like it quite a bit and the horse she is riding is a perfect horse to learn on.

Besides spoiling my grandchildren the other hobby, spurred on by wanting to continue riding, is weightlifting. It is a great substitute for the various sports I enjoyed back in the day.

I enjoy photography and would love to do more of that, wildlife and landscape. I enjoy shooting rifles, compete some in PRS, but that has really dropped off lately. A good day at the range just makes the world a better place, love hearing the sound of steel ringing in the distance. Lately I've helped my sons host a couple of PRS matches, it's a lot more work than I thought it would be, but very enjoyable.

Lately I've helped my sons host a couple of PRS matches, it's a lot more work than I thought it would be, but very enjoyable.
That was pretty enjoyable to watch!
That gent, Gadarzi... he can shoot a fly off a gong 1500 yards out! Haha! Never had the opportunity to shoot or watch though he's building a name on the National stage.

Side note: Dig that God blessed American flag! Always a smile when seeing the red, white, and blue flying in a video.

BTW, that your drone flyover coverage or another's? If yours, you pick up a DJI?

I should have also shared in my list of hobbies, I'm finding enjoyment putting together videos as well.

That was pretty enjoyable to watch!
That gent, Gadarzi... he can shoot a fly off a gong 1500 yards out! Haha! Never had the opportunity to shoot or watch though he's building a name on the National stage.

Side note: Dig that God blessed American flag! Always a smile when seeing the red, white, and blue flying in a video.

BTW, that your drone flyover coverage or another's? If yours, you pick up a DJI?

I should have also shared in my list of hobbies, I'm finding enjoyment putting together videos as well.
The drone footage is from my son and I'm pretty sure it's the Mavic Air 2. Yes, Gadarzi can definitely shoot a rifle very well. I'll try and load up one more match video.
The quality seems to have downgraded on these videos when they play.

Back