Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Other hobbies?

I’ve recently gotten into roasting coffee. It’s pretty fun and satisfying. I’m still trying to think of a name for a home roasting company🤷🏼‍♂️ Not looking to make a ton of money, just enough to fund a hunt each year!

Love to shoot trap. Invested in a lake house so I spend a lot of time there. Got back into ice fishing this year. Have 3 kayaks that I also love to fish out of. We organic garden and do a lot of canning/processing our harvest. Used to coach (20 years and even coached an olimpian and a handful of professional athletes). Enjoy camping but not so much in the summer. I love road biking and also riding ATVs. Hiking is probably one of my favorite ways to spend my time as well.

Knife making, trying to learn how to make tomahawks, hand axes, and mebbie a war hammer or two. Reading, both books and the good forums, going to try and get my black powder guns running this summer, cutting firewood, fishing, hanging out with my awesome wife (270.Rose).

Mostly metal work, I'd like to get back into sheet metal more, machining and working on my own guns has been taking most of my time lately.
I shoot 3d archery most of the spring and summer.
I try to stay away from wood work, but it happens from time to time usually if I need a new piece of furniture or a mount for some taxidermy.
I used to like building hot rods and doing restorations but then I got a job doing it, and it sucked the joy out of it. Haven't touched a car for almost 3yrs now.
So I guess my hobby is "tinkering?"
0109191837_Burst01[1].jpg20200704_152849[1].jpg0128181235[1].jpg

I’ve recently gotten into roasting coffee. It’s pretty fun and satisfying. I’m still trying to think of a name for a home roasting company🤷🏼‍♂️ Not looking to make a ton of money, just enough to fund a hunt each year!
How about Split Horn Coffee Company? Use a pronghorn image in the logo. I'm pretty good with computer graphics and could maybe help you with that.20210328_101238.jpg

Recently got into birding, it literally costs me nothing since I have the high-end optics I got for hunting.

Was considering the possibility of using a Swaro BTX for amateur astronomy as a hobby once I get my hands on one.

Also love reading military history, watching old movies, coding, trying new restaurants, journaling.

Recently got into birding, it literally costs me nothing since I have the high-end optics I got for hunting.

Was considering the possibility of using a Swaro BTX for amateur astronomy as a hobby once I get my hands on one.

Also love reading military history, watching old movies, coding, trying new restaurants, journaling.
Here's a good read for you. "The Fantastic Laboratory of Dr. Weigl" by Arthur Allen. It's about two Jewish scientists kept at Nazi concentration camps to develop a cure for typhus and how they sabotaged the war effort. Fascinating story.

Reactions: Zak
My other hobbies include, but are not limited to:
- annoying my wife;
- annoying my kids;
- hiking;
- volunteer firefighter (I don't consider this a job, I actually enjoy getting woken up in the middle of the night to ride the weewoo truck, because a drunk teen hit a deer on the highway); and
- I clearly need more hobbies.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back