Other hobbies?

Team roping, softball, golf, backpacking, fly tying,reloading, 4 wheeling, traveling. Got too old for most of these or just lost interest.
Now just fish, hunt and do what wife asks !

So obviously most of us here have a passions for hunting, fishing, or both...what other hobbies do you have more on your collective plates?

Until a few years ago mine was coaching; coached softball and volleyball from youth ages up through college aged (4 to 18/19 year olds) for nearly two decades.

Other than that it’s culinary (do most of the cooking, a little brewing and liquor works) and some photography.

You?
Cooking, homebrew for sure! Cooking because she would rather not and homebrew because I have the delusion that I can do it just as good as the microbreweries.

These days, not as much horses and roping but mostly...
Cowboy Fast Draw
Smoking meats
Grand daughters

Trying to keep plenty of...
Shooting
Reloading

Recently getting into leather work
Planning to do more fishing

These days, not as much horses and roping but mostly...
Cowboy Fast Draw
Smoking meats
Grand daughters

Trying to keep plenty of...
Shooting
Reloading

Recently getting into leather work
Planning to do more fishing
Oh my, do you have ANY smokeless that would propel a modern centerfire? And any standard or magnum primers? I’d like to buy that for a premium + s/h.

Oh! MI maple syrup?!? About time you people did something. (OSU forever, Wolverines suck, we’ll burn couches in the streets no matter what). Btw, “Escanaba in da Moonlight” is a theatrical gem that ought to be preserved for posterity.

Hmmm. Hobbies:

Since 2013 it’s been a full time hobby to pay for either college or grad school for my three kids. I only have one left in school so now I feel lucky.

When I am not working to pay for the above I tend to spend my time approx:

April 15th start bay fishing and turkey hunting
May 24th quit turkey hunting and really start bay fishing
June 15th start ocean/bay fishing and continue to approx Labor Day
Sept 1st start with dove season, keep fishing
Sept 15th whitetail bow season, keep fishing
late
Sept-Nov Head west if I have a tag in my pocket
Oct early duck and deer muzzleloader , keep bay fishing
Nov whitetail bow season, keep fishing
Dec rifle deer, fish if weather possible
Jan final duck and geese hunts
Feb- not much
March look for sheds
April...repeat

Besides that I tinker with cars, enjoy farm work on some properties I own, and think about all the travel I haven’t done due to COVID.

Oh! MI maple syrup?!? About time you people did something. (OSU forever, Wolverines suck, we’ll burn couches in the streets no matter what). Btw, “Escanaba in da Moonlight” is a theatrical gem that ought to be preserved for posterity.
What time is OSU game tonight.......can’t seem to find it. 😛

Man there's a lot of talented people on here. Besides hunting, fishing and foraging I would say cooking although I kinda figure that into the other three. Hiking/scouting, getting kids out into the wilds, biking (gravel, road and Mt), running, little skiing although not as much as used to, dreaming of hunting and fishing trips, if that counts as seperate hobby. BOD for state BHA chapter and local sportsmans group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back