onXmap - Hunt Talk Promo

I wasnt sure I would need such a thing as Xmaps until I decided to give it a shot via a free subcription via the RMEF. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised once I got my Colorado Premium version. It has made preparing for my Oct CO Elk hunt very nice. I intend to continue to use this product in the future. Thanks and keep it up.

Download Codes have been sent via email for all of the orders placed so far.

Cheers

NEW NEW NEW. No love for the loyal users or those that don't use a standalone GPS.

Now that my butt-hurt is exposed, thanks for the awesome app. I use it on my Android phones and its super-functional, I've got it for two states so far and will likely add more as I visit more states.

Jason the code is working for me.

hunttalk15

Be sure to have a GPS chip in the cart when you try to use the code.

Epfd217

Send me a PM next time you want to add a state!

Jason this is only for the $100 dollar chips.

I will pm you a code for the $30 App.

Cheers,
Matt

OnX. I appreciate the offer. I'll be sending my buddy your way. He seems to think I'm the only one in our party that needs to have your maps. I have a feeling he'll be wanting his own soon enough.

All promo codes for the free Fresh Tracks download have been sent out for the last week.

Cheers,
Matt

What the heck

I ordered, entered a different code for a 10% discount, and then wasn't given a discount on my order. Not a good start to our relationship.

Bob,

Sorry for any confusion. Shoot me over your order # and I can refund 10%.

All,

I just sent out all of the download codes for the last weeks worth of orders.

Thanks for all the orders. One more week until the GPS finds a new home.

Matt

Do I need the downloadable version or the chip for an older Garmin GPSmap 60csx, according to the compatibility chart it shows the downloadable version but is does take a micro SD chip???

Jonesy124,

The Garmin 60CSX is a unique unit with some unique problems. There were basically 2 major batches produced by Garmin, and there are some slight hardware differences between the 2 batches. The larger batch is compatible with our Chip, and simply needs a firmware update from Garmin, and it will work with our product. The smaller batch is not compatible with our Chip even with the latest firmware.

If you download the latest firmware from Garmin, and go to Setup ->Map-->Map Information (Circle with the letter i) You will either see the name of the map, or you will see Americas Marine Point Basemap. If you see Americas Marine Point Basemap, you have one of the incompatible Garmin 60CSX Devices.

Hope that helps out.

Matt

Will be picking up a MT chip soon, but I have a random question here, why is the download more expensive than the chip? Seems counter-intuitive to me.

Thanks onX i just downloaded the new firmware and following your instructions I get a map name not the marine point basemap, does that mean I am good to go and order a chip?

Jwill,

With the download you will have the map on your computer and an unlock code for a GPS so you can view our maps on those two units at the same time. With the micro SD chip, where the chip goes is where the data goes. The chip can be viewed on your computer, your GPS unit, and even some of the Garmin NUVI's navigational units but only one at a time. I hope that explains the difference.

Jonesy125,

You should be set! If you have any issues you can contact our CS department at [email protected]. Just as long as you don't see the marine point basemap.

Last edited:
Another android based user, i just read the whole thread and as i understand its just a chip promotion. Thanks for supporting hunt talk, without the sponsors I wouldn't be able to ignore my life for 20 minutes a day.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the chip, but was hoping to hear some feedback from the Android users first. My concern is that the phone GPS won't be that reliable in my hunting areas...Any feedback or a link to reviews would be great.

Last edited:
I used it for my iPhone/iPad, and wasn't overly impressed. I had issues with the "storing maps locally". It said they were stored, but when I got to where I was going, nothing would show even though they were "stored".

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back