Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

onXmap - Hunt Talk Promo

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Every year we run a promo with the great folks over at onXmaps. You have heard me write about how these map chips have changed the way I apply for hunts and the way I hunt in the field. At the top of my "Don't leave home without it" gear list.

This year, it is running from 8/15 to 9/15, with the prize drawing on 9/16. Here's the deal:

Buy a Premium or Regional Hunt Chip and get;

1. A Hunt APP card, and
  2. A free download of Fresh Tracks from our download platform, and
  3. Be entered in the Hunt Talk-only drawing for a Garmin GPS.

Use Promo Code "hunttalk15"

hunt-talk-promo-2 (00000002).jpg

http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com?acc=45c48cce2e2d7fbdea1afc51c7c6ad26

Thanks for looking and thanks for buying this amazing product.

For those ready to order today, feel free. We have the code live and active and you will get entered into the GPS drawing.

For those ready to order today, feel free. We have the code live and active and you will get entered into the GPS drawing.

a buddy of mine just started working for these guys last week. You guys are top notch and like Randy said, this has truly opened up land that I never imagined being able to hunt on.

Can someone provide a quick overview between the various onXmaps offerings (premium, chip, card are all mentioned above)? I have hunts this fall in UT, CO, WY and AZ. What would be my options for acquiring onXmaps? Do I need a specific GPS or phone to use?

Can someone provide a quick overview between the various onXmaps offerings (premium, chip, card are all mentioned above)? I have hunts this fall in UT, CO, WY and AZ. What would be my options for acquiring onXmaps? Do I need a specific GPS or phone to use?

Go on their website and it expalins everything you want to know to make a decision on what you want. You do need a Garmin GPS that takes a chip if you want to go that route like I did. My Wyoming chip that I bought a couple years ago is being updated this week and I won't leave home without it just like Randy stated in his testimonial.

Go on their website and it expalins everything you want to know to make a decision on what you want. You do need a Garmin GPS that takes a chip if you want to go that route like I did. My Wyoming chip that I bought a couple years ago is being updated this week and I won't leave home without it just like Randy stated in his testimonial.

Again, if someone wants to provide a concise overview that is helpful then I am interested. State map vs regional. Chip and what GPS works with. PC version. Pricing. Heck, toss in a table that slices and dices the offerings with a button on the home page to cut through all the noise.

Or, build a complex site that uses some poor design features and go on about how the data is gathered and why the other guys suck. I get it is cool for a company to make us EARN the right to hand them money by wading through, scroll down several screens and maybe find a place to order the right product. Apple has people line up overnight. Tesla makes you wait months to get a vehicle. Is endearing, I suppose, to some. Not me.

The website was a hot mess two months ago and I bailed after 5 minutes even though had a hookup through RMEF. I bailed this morning and again just now. Maybe I am not their target demographic. No hard feelings.

Why is this a different version of the website than the link above?

For the same reason that when you are selling beer to the thirsty guy on Friday afternoon, you don't send him to the doughnut aisle over in the bakery. The original link provided gets people directly to the hunting section of their website, thus the Team Hunt branding. The link you provided takes you to their home page, adding more pages that people have to wade through to take advantage of the promo.

http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/?acc=45c48cce2e2d7fbdea1afc51c7c6ad26#.Vc5uIbJVhBc

Promo code - hunttalk15

LopeHunter,

Works on Garmin GPS units that take chips and are color screen.
Premium GPS map are state specific and have land owner names (99.99)
Regional GPS map gives you several states but takes away the private land owner names, everything else is the same (99.99)

App works on iOS or android phones/tablets. Each 12 month membership is 29.99 for each state. Of course with this promo you get one membership for free

For computer you can choose the version that works in Garmin basecamp for 50 dollars a state.

Or you can use the Viewer software we have which is in Beta testing. This comes free with your App membership. Then when your at home you don't have to scout/view maps on your phone you can log into your account on viewer via the internet and scout on a larger screen.

Cheers

That sucks I just purchase 2 premium cards less than a month ago. Guess being proactive isn't always the best plan.

Question for onXmaps:

If I get the app for my phone, does that just use GPS or do I need a cell signal as well? Also, what kind of feedback have you gotten from users regarding the gps signal quality in smartphones vs a dedicated GPS handset? I'd expect the smartphone to be just fine out in the open but what if I'm trying to find a property line on a north-facing slope in heavy timber?

Not trying to be problematic, just want to get the best product for me.

Thanks

JohnDeereGreen,
You can cache your maps for use when you don't have cell service. We have 4 videos built into the app and one of them is how to cache maps. The GPS function will vary on each phone but they tend to be very good. Do some research on other forums about the GPS phone usage, there is a lot of info out there, I like to use my app along side of my GPS as the app has satellite imagery. Pretty nice to use them both but it's a lot of personal preference. I have not had any issues with my phone picking up GPS signals.

Teamhoyt,
We just got the MT BMA data from the FWP and are currently processing that data. We will have the updated MT map done late this week or early next week. As long as you are registered on our website you will receive an email alert of the update. You can also give us a quick phone call or check on our website under Montana Premium->change log.

Thanks

Great product and some great guys.

Well worth the investment and one of the items I'll always have in my pack. Thanks for setting this up Matt and Randy.

I'll be picking one up for this fall. Thanks for setting this up! Can't wait to put it to good use!

Always a day late and dollar short. Just bought Wyoming & North Dakota three weeks ago.

Excellent product, well worth it!

All of the codes for the free Fresh Tracks download have been sent out via email so far. Let me know if anybody has questions.

Thanks,
Matt

Here is the GPS we are giving away. Garmin Oregon 600.

Attachments

• oregon-600.jpg
    oregon-600.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,112

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back