Caribou Gear

One Pic per Hunt

kenton

I really enjoy reading up on the live hunts but for the past few years i've done it a little different. I thought this year I would post it instead of just doing it for myself; I take a single picture every time I go out hunting. Most of the time its just a simple view from a tree stand or the ground, but every year I'm able to capture a few that are a bit different. Not the traditional live hunt but I hope everyone enjoys this and tries it themselves.

September 27

Attachments

• 9-27-15.JPG
    9-27-15.JPG
    313.3 KB · Views: 1,684
September 29

Attachments

• 9-29-15.JPG
    9-29-15.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 1,683
October 10

Attachments

• 10-10-15.JPG
    10-10-15.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 1,686
October 11

Attachments

• 10-11-15.JPG
    10-11-15.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 1,712
October 12 morning

Attachments

• 10-12-15 (am).JPG
    10-12-15 (am).JPG
    322.6 KB · Views: 1,691
October 12 evening

Attachments

• 10-12-15 (pm).JPG
    10-12-15 (pm).JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 1,690
Great pictures and a cool idea, so often we only share our stories (and especially pictures) when there is a grip and grin. Every time in the woods has its own story and thanks for sharing!

I've been guilty of not taking many pictures of the actual hunt, just success shots if it happens. I took way more than normal this year elk hunting and looking back through them is already fun for me. Good idea!

I shoulda been playing this morning, I had 2 doe/fawn pair meet right at my treestand, the does proceeded to stand on their hind legs and kick the crap out of each other less than 10yds from the base of my stand.

I'll start playing.

That's an MTMIller specialty. Everyone enjoys a good hunting picture. Even with no kill. Thanks !

I can already tell I'm gonna be hitting refresh on this thread many times over the coming weeks. Looking forward to the pictures.

Great pics! I really like the idea of taking something else away from the hunt. So many times we get caught up in the deed that we forget how great life is. Have been trying to do the same thing on hikes getting ready for my hunt. My problem is that I always find way to many things to take pictures of.

I finally went archery elk hunting again this year in my old stomping grounds. There's been a local herd that I've been after for years that I could have taken many out of, but I always held out for a bull...dumbass me for not putting meat in the freezer and letting ego get in the way.

Here's a sunset one night...

Here's another sunset..

The scenery was amazing. So were the 4 wheeler tracks and the campers and the people using the bugle calls driving up and down the two track up to the top of the hill to the spring. It looks like word of the local herd got out. I didn't see a single drop of poop, or a track, or a sign of elk in the water, or an elk on any of our 4 trail cameras. NOTHING!!!

This is me the last day of my hunt, elkless...

So, no CSEH for me this year, but Dink never produced an elk pic last year and we'll see what happens this year...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back