Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

One Is Enough

Big Sky

I have a secret fishing hole within about 30 minutes of my home that I haven't fished much at all this summer due to the heat of summer. It kills me not to fish there because the potential for a bigger than normal is pretty good. Usually if I spend a few hours there I can hook a few. It's been a little colder lately so I thought I'd slip in there and give it a try. I was quickly reminded why big trout get big. It's because they don't make themselves easy to catch. In three hours I missed one, broke one off, and landed this one. So sometimes, "one" is enough, especially if it's the right one. I've got no complaints about this beautifully marked rainbow. I've certainly spent a lot more time fishing to catch something much smaller before...or nothing at all. So I'll give the fishing God's a nod, and say thank you for giving up at least one for the evening. Didn't keep this fish. Only had it out of the water long enough to take a quick photo and back into the water it went. After about 20 seconds of helping it recover, it literally exploded out of my hand, and headed for the deepest water. Perhaps I'll meet this fish again someday and hopefully it will be even bigger. :)

Troy%209-22-15_zpsdhqzy5tz.jpg

You guys know , He really buys them at the market then goes in his back yard and takes pictures!!!!;):D

:cool: There is absolutely no doubt that Troy is Montana's Most GQ Jig Fisherman.

Nice fish :cool:

Beautiful! You sure know how to catch em! Picture perfect!

It's been outside factors Coyotes-R-Us. Take Monday for example. I have a nice big coyote coming in on a string. When he gets about 200 yards away a pair of mule deer coming charging out of the draw and chase him off to parts unknown. In the last couple weeks I had a jet fly over and scare another one off. Had a loud farm truck come roaring down a road nearly a 1000 yards away and scare the coyotes. Just stupid unusual stuff. I'll keep after it and kill again soon. The high number of rattle snakes is keeping me pretty jumpy and unmotivated to hike around much as well. I've run into 10 so far and I'm not even out looking for them. I can only imagine how many I've been close to that I never saw.

After Many years of shooting and driving noisy bread trucks I DON'T hear rattle snakes. I can look right at them and see there tail shaking and ,Nothing, not sound...
I have stepped right on coiled snakes, that's a feeling you ever forget by the way.
You are right you HAVE to be very mindful of them for sure.

With all the hawks an eagles around right now, they have chased off a few coyotes for me too.
:hump:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back