MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Once Again, the GOP Comes Out as Anti-Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseCuervo

We now have the guy in 1st or 2nd place in most GOP polls calling out the guy in 1st or 2nd place in the polls to make the GOP's anti-hunting measures a central point in the Presidential race.

http://youtu.be/flLFQnW7CUc

If you have ever voted for Mike Lee, Raul Labrador, or any of another of the Koch Brother's candidates, YOU are part of the problem.

Making entire TV advertisements against hunters shows how much the GOP doesn't care about hunting and knows it won't cost them votes.

One of the worst posts I have seen yet. Nowhere does it say Ted is anti hunting. Anti big govt, yes. Way to mislead everyone. You have two Dem Pres candidates that want to disarm all of us. I am not saying I am pro - Ted, I just never saw the anti hunting message so as far as I can see you are EXTREMELY misleading everyone here.

Pretty sickening when you know who's pulling his puppet strings and how many won't realize what he's really doing until the no motorized vehicle signs they hate so much are replaced by no trespassing signs they hate even more and can do nothing about.

One of the worst posts I have seen yet. Nowhere does it say Ted is anti hunting. Anti big govt, yes. Way to mislead everyone. You have two Dem Pres candidates that want to disarm all of us. I am not saying I am pro - Ted, I just never saw the anti hunting message so as far as I can see you are EXTREMELY misleading everyone here.

Randy has said before on many podcasts, and I agree wholeheartedly. The number 1 loss of hunting participation is lack of access. If you are against public access to public lands then you are anti hunting in my book.

It was a pretty clear anti-hunting message to me.

I am pretty sure you do not understand the issue at hand here. Do a search on this forum regarding public land transfer.

Anti public land IS anti Hunting in the west. No misleading about it. If it comes down to it protecting our 2nd amendment rights against a Dem is looking like an easier fight than protecting our public lands from a GOP and I've never even considered voting for a Dem presidential candidate in my life. There are far to many reasons to believe if a land transfer happens the end result will be gigantic chunks of former public lands fenced off as private property while billionaires play a game of mine is bigger than yours in an attempt to ammass more private land holdings and establish their own not so little aristocracies. There are even more reasons to believe the 2nd amendment will mean the same thing in 20 years as it does today.

By posting a video pledging to sell our public lands so we don't have anywhere to hunt is as anti hunting as it gets.

I chatted with Representative Labrador waiting to board a plane a few years ago. I would love to have that opportunity again since he's been writing anti public land rhetoric in the Statesman.

Anti public land IS anti Hunting in the west. No misleading about it. If it comes down to it protecting our 2nd amendment rights against a Dem is looking like an easier fight than protecting our public lands from a GOP and I've never even considered voting for a Dem presidential candidate in my life. There are far to many reasons to believe if a land transfer happens the end result will be gigantic chunks of former public lands fenced off as private property while billionaires play a game of mine is bigger than yours in an attempt to ammass more private land holdings and establish their own not so little aristocracies. There are even more reasons to believe the 2nd amendment will mean the same thing in 20 years as it does today.

^^^^Yep.

If you are for the transfer and selling of public lands you are an anti hunter in my book. You are worse than PETA or any of the animal rights organizations out there. We can deal with them a hell of a lot easier than those who would take the places we hunt and recreate from us.

I'll say it again and hopefully somebody besides just my family and close friends agree. If I have an armory full of guns and no place to hunt, I don't have sh--.

Once again the GOP is anti hunting.....You just categorized the GOP as anti hunting and that is not a accurate statement at all. You can say Ted Cruz appears anti hunting in your opinion do to his support of giving the land back to the people. We need to than define people as ranchers or state govt as that is up to interpretation. Again, a much more accurate statement than calling out an entire political party as anti hunting. It guess this forum would rather support the Dems who openly want to take away your gun rights. You know, something firearms hunters use to hunt.....

Once again the GOP is anti hunting.....You just categorized the GOP as anti hunting and that is not a accurate statement at all. You can say Ted Cruz appears anti hunting in your opinion do to his support of giving the land back to the people. We need to than define people as ranchers or state govt as that is up to interpretation. Again, a much more accurate statement than calling out an entire political party as anti hunting. It guess this forum would rather support the Dems who openly want to take away your gun rights. You know, something firearms hunters use to hunt.....

Go read the GOP party platform from 2012: Anti-Hunting.

Add up the polling percentages of the GOP candidates pushing the anti-hunting agenda: hint, it is the majority of the GOP slate.

Look at the GOP House of Reps and the anti-hunting legislation introduced.

Look at the GOP Speaker of the House and his long standing anti-hunting proposals .

Look at the top 2 candidates in the GOP primary now engaging in a "who can end hinting the fastest" competition.

If you are voting for people that keep Paul Ryan as Speaker, YOU are part of the anti-hunting problem.

Don't kid yourself that the Koch Brothers, ALEC, the Heritage Foundation and any of their lackeys want you to hunt.

And here I thought they had taken Jose back on the mother ship. Dang the luck, it rears it ugly head once again.

Just by the source (Jose) I automatically dismiss any of his gobbley gook.

Yes, it is an accurate statement that the GOP and Ted Cruz are anti-hunting.

How is Ted Cruz going to give back something that the people already have? Last I checked, Federal Lands already belong to the people of the United States. What Ted should say, if he was honest, "I want to give the peoples Federal land to corporations, private interests, and my campaign donors. I don't care about hunters, fishermen hikers, or the multi-billion dollar industries that benefit from Federal Public Lands."

I guess what this forum, and a growing majority of hunters support, is keeping public lands in public hands.

If the transfer of public lands issue is supported by the GOP and they expect support from hunters, anglers, hikers, bird watchers, etc. etc....they better think again.

If you and the GOP have your panties wadded up over the transfer of public lands, and want support of outdoorsmen and the outdoor industry, then tell them to quit supporting this very anti-hunting, anti-access, land disposal idea.

Don't come on a board and try to get your point across with a bunch of BS about gun rights and defending their chicken-chit idea of public lands transfer/disposal.

My guns mean ZIP to me without a place to hunt.

Last edited:
If you are against public lands then you are anti-hunting in my book, just the same as peta and hsus.

folks right away jump in with the "but the democrats want to take your guns." To which I say why do we have to choose between the second amendment and public lands. Did I miss something where it stated if you are pro-second amendment you have to buy into the anti-public lands crap? folks like this are just falling into the trap of having their political party telling them what to think. It's time for folks to start thinking on their own.
Also, folks right away claimed obama was going to take all of our guns, but it didn't happen. In fact, obama probably became the best gun salesman of all time

What Ted should say, if he was honest, "I want to give the peoples Federal land to corporations, private interests, and my campaign donors. I don't care about hunters, fishermen hikers, or the multi-billion dollar industries that benefit from Federal Public Lands."

^This!

I think you are fooling yourself, if you think any of the candidates have any concern about your specific right to hunt, but they certainly have agendas that will dramatically help or hinder our future.

I think to understand a presidential candidate, you cannot take anything they say on face value, no one ever gets elected on their principles. They get elected with money, that comes from donors, and donors want favors. That is why I think Buzz hit the nail on the head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back