Caribou Gear Tarp

On My Own (backyard) Adventure - Pic Heavy

Funny dang post but don't throw em away. I'd rather eat pigeon than dove. Just cook em the same way. Often fed as well as domesticated animals

How’d the pack out go? What pack, binos, and gun were you running?

Thanks for asking, didn't think of listing tech info. Pack out was very light, almost nothing actually, pack used was Alberston's recycle plastic bag (+1 for being green). Binos, range finder, and harness were Vortex Viper HD 10x50 (for sale BTW if anyone's interested), Vortex Ranger 1500 and Marsupial Bino/range finder pouch, respectively. Gun is Crosman CSK177a .177 break barrel air rifle (it was a bitch to zero). A spotting scope wasn't needed. Maybe I need to top the rifle with a scope?

The quarry didn't know what to think of all this, they were just sitting there looking around like WTF Maynard, what is going on? Not a very wary beast.

Last edited:
More importantly, were the pigeons dry and did you shoot them as intruders?

eww, but, yes, they have been intruding for a long while now. I'm gonna kill all them MFers I can now, everyone can have a their shot at me but enough is enough!

Thanks for asking, didn't think of listing tech info. Pack out was very light, almost nothing actually, pack used was Alberston's recycle plastic bag (+1 for being green). Binos, range finder, and harness were Vortex Viper HD 10x50 (for sale BTW if anyone's interested), Vortex Ranger 1500 and Marsupial Bino/range finder pouch, respectively. Gun is Crosman CSK177a .177 break barrel air rifle (it was a bitch to zero). A spotting scope wasn't needed. Maybe I need to top the rifle with a scope?

The quarry didn't know what to think of all this, they were just sitting there looking around like WTF Maynard, what is going on? Not a very wary beast.

That CSK117a is totally sub-ethical for those well fed invaders. Time to step to the Steel Eagle NP2 .22 with some 34gn projectiles and a FFP scope so you can really make the long shots count.

Believe you may need to slide your sniper perch back a few feet. Muzzle flash from .177 may expose your position. Those Farkers have a mean torpedo action once their target's acquired. Might maintain a decoy... A dark Brooks Brothers suit coat.

Check out those lunkers! Yuge! You should consider doing a euro mount.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back