Yeti GOBOX Collection

on line trading

mixedbag

Anyone that trades stocks on line,what company do you like.I'm looking toopen an account tomorrow with optionhouse.With the market taking a beating,I need to dump some cash on some good deals quick.I'll be watching tomorrow and see whats happening.Last time it dropped hard years back,I bought a bunch and did pretty well.Looking for a repeat,fingers crossed,and pay off next years hunting trips
So who do you guys like to use for trading

On line trading

I have a personal etrade account and a investment club scottrade account. To me the Etrade site is much easier to navigate.

If you have an i-device and don't want to do anything too fancy, you could try Robinhood. 100% free for just buying and selling stocks. Last I saw it was only on iphone, but they might have expanded to android by now.

I use a vanguard account and usually put money in the total stock market index fund. I don't pull the money out though, it stays until retirememt. I will put more in after a drop in the market though. And then hold off putting so much in when the rebound happens.

I have a big account like that.This is just for certain stocks I think will be way up by Christmas time with this drop

I trade for work. A tip for everyone... be careful with individual stocks. Yes the market historically comes back but single stocks can gap down say 20% overnight, go lower and never recover. Have an exit plan where you admit you're wrong and cut them loose. The overall market on the other hand do like Marshian.

Most brokerages are fine for Web based orders and for 99% of people its all that's needed. 25k (thank you SEC) unlocks more flexibility with platforms (locally installed programs) for those who want real time data.

What's having cash available to invest like? ;)

Right now I'm invested in OLG. The school my two boys are going to so hopefully they can be productive people and make sure Mom and Dad don't have to eat cat-food in retirement.

TD Ameritrade for me. I do not "play" the stocks. I steadily invest in broad indexes. The only time I did something different was the days after 9/11 when a lot of panic selling was queued up and prices dived at the open. I bought. Sold a couple of weeks later. I hope to never have a similar panic opportunity in my lifetime.

Good luck and hope you beat the odds at anything resembling day-trading. That works great if have inside information and do not fear prison. Otherwise, every "system" I have heard of that is "great, easy money" for an individual investor eventually fails. I have a friend on Wall Street and he does better than average on his trades over time though his access to research and tips is not what most of us would have on hand. Just a CPA, MBA-Finance turned sales exec here so your experience may be different. Hope so.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back