old sheep phots

pointingdogsrule

In the early 1990's, on a whim I took a ski trip to Alberta / Bristish Columbia. I stayed in Canmore... I believe. These sheep were along the road. I have since learned that this is a wintering area. These photos were in the middle to late March... I think. No DIGITAL back then so these are scanned photos... sorry

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

good luck to all
the dog

Cool photos! I have photo bucket open so I figure I will post a couple... here are a few sheep we saw along the Missouri river after fishing a couple years ago.

P1010576.jpg

P1010563.jpg

P1010562.jpg

P1010582.jpg

Glacier Park and Banff/Jasper 1970's

These photos were scanned from 35mm slides. The picture of the big broomed ram lying down was taken by a friend of mine from Calgary. He was bedded down right on the shoulder of the Banff/Jasper highway. All of the others were taken in the spring of the year near Many Glacier. Jim Ford was taking some 8mm movies when a bunch of young rams got real curious and approached him to figure out what the heck he was doing.

Attachments

• Big horn sheep.JPG
    Big horn sheep.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 466
  • scanned slide  (26).jpg
    scanned slide (26).jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 459
  • scanned slide  (25)-2.jpg
    scanned slide (25)-2.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 454
  • scanned slide  (15).jpg
    scanned slide (15).jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 458
  • scanned slides .jpg
    scanned slides .jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Thanks, for sharing the pics. I've never been out west (other than Alaska).

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

And this is what happens when there are too many big ones around and a bad winter
DSC00232.jpg

@nube: What's with the ear tags??

good luck to all
the dog

Ear tags are common with sheep. They are trapped, tested, tracked and transplanted so much more than other animals that a lot of them have tags. I have not seen a ton of sheep but I can say that even so, i have seen more tags and radio collars on them than all others animals combined. Now that I think about it I bet every decent size herd of sheep I have seen has had at least one ear tagged animal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back