Ok. Just for fun. What's the worst broad head you have ever used

I’ve never lost a deer with a 2 blade Rage but I have been disappointed at how far they ran after the shot when you cut them open and find it was a double lung shot and they still go 100-200 yards. Shoot em with a muzzy which is way cheaper and they go like 30-50 yards.

In the 80's it was the rocky Mountain razors they were great a little tricky to get POI the same as field points
In the 90's & 2000's killed tons of game with the thunder head 125's and 100's.
I have been shooting Rage 2 blade the past 6 years.

I have never thought I lost an animal due to a broadhead failure.

Muzzy One, they flew great for me but were extremely loud and very dull. Took a lot of work to get them sharp.

An Ozzy made 2 blade. I was gifted 6. Found them very erratic in weight and hard to sharpen. I used them once on hogs. The one pig I shot was a pass thru and the broadhead bent, not the insert but the broadhead itself - no rocks only dirt. The remaining 5 now live at the deepest part of the water hole, so I’m never tempted to use them again.

I believe it was Browning that made a head with spiral blades on it. Definitely the worst I’ve used and I’ve killed many deer with Savoras, wasps and bear razor heads.

Mechanical’s! Used one for the first time two years ago, and the penetration on a broadside shot on a deer at 25 yards was piss poor! Went back to a fixed blade and never looked back.

I bought some DRT that I could not get to pattern for the life of me. Had one head that shot good at 20 yards that I kept as a follow-up arrow, otherwise the rest went in the garage sale pile.

I'm suprised, regardless what setup I've been using these have always been the most accurate head for me. Just goes to show nothing is 100% I guess.
Haven’t gotten to use them personally, but my brother-in-law ran them last year and said he’d never switch again.! Lol just crazy how consistency and preference can vary so greatly amongst us all! And they certainly ain’t the cheapest 3 heads on the shelf..

Back when I shot archery, I was using the Muzzy 4blades. I think they were 90gr. Slick tricks came out and they had a bit of a wider cut. I switched to them for a summer. Shot very well and shot close to same point of impact as field points which was a plus, but they whistled in their way to the target like those mini Nerf footballs with the foam tails on them. Switched back to the Muzzy’s.
Noticed that too on the slicks… Not just your setup..

The absolute worst of any type be it fixed blade, mechanical, etc has been rage. When I did use a compound some I tried em. Man what horrible, problematic heads. God bless whoever uses them

My dad used em way back in the day.
Hey! I loved the Razorback 5...of course I was shooting the aluminum 2216 arrows. Bout the diameter of my middle finger. From a 74 pound Jennings Arrow Star. The broad head punched through the largest buck I've ever taken at 30+ yards and kept going.

After I couldn't find them any more, I went with the Zwiki 4 bladed black diamond. They're still around.

Worse? Wasp with razor inserts. I could never get them perfectly straight. I shot at 2 beautiful bucks and both Wasp tipped arrows went ballistic within 10 yards. They're probably still flying 40 years later.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back