***OFFICIAL*** 2023 SPRING BEAR THREAD

My older boy and I did a quick backpack trip into an area I’ve hunted quite a few times. Bears were around but we didn’t find them, did some fishing.

With the heavy thunderstorms creeks are really high. I’m a pretty ambitious creek crosser but I’m not sure all of my later season areas are going to be accessible.

Last edited:
Randy,

Great bear. Just glad to see you are healthy and able to hunt. Hope to run in to you again someday up on Red Mountain but without the damn rain………

My target bear has a new GF. A rubbed black sow that’s been around all spring. I have passed her up multiple times. She may be his demise. Off to finish filling barrels. A lot of rain in the forecast between now and Saturday so anytime it’s not raining and the wind is right I’ll be in the stand

I have a big ol' sow on my bait which I believe I've been seeing for years . Last hunts I've seen her she go from having a limp to progressively getting worst and now walking around on three legs.

I hope that her leg's healing and she starts bringing in the big boys. Even on three legs, I saw her kick a couple younger bear's ass. I hope she gets better as I've spent a lot of time watching her and don't feel like shooting her...

Day three, halfway through the trip, and still just one bear. No bears on camera overnight before the sit and none showed on my bait while I was out there. One of the guys had a big bear hit theirs just after dark while waiting to get picked up.

20230530_190554.jpg

As a team were at about 102 man hours on stand, only one bear sighting. Sounds like everyone's changing locations for tonight. Hot again today, 91 degrees forecasted, then a 20+ drop for Friday. Hopefully that gets them moving.

The fishing continues to be the highlight of the trip. 36" muskie out of the St. John's river yesterday morning.
20230531_102300.jpg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back