PEAX Equipment

***OFFICIAL*** 2023 SPRING BEAR THREAD

Rut will be on then!
That’s what I’m expecting. My “hope” is that sows will still be concentrating around green up Since they will be delayed leaving the den. So I will be looking for green patches just below snow line. Hoping to catch a boar on the prowl for a good time. I have punched tags for a mule deer and a pronghorn. and I have four bear tags sitting in my desk drawer from previous fall hunts. hopefully this hunt will change the streak.

0E2BD241-FB13-49E2-B8F7-D3339E44ABFE.jpeg
Set both my usual bush bear baits. Forgot to take pictures of the second spot. I’ll be back Friday to check and as soon as a big one hits it’s game on!! Need to bring my popcorn barrels next trip. Figured they could wait as I haven’t popped any yet. Been too busy skinning beavers

Great photos !!
my best laid plans ....right....
son in laws mother/in her 80's passed out and in hospital couple days ago,then my best friend, just a kid, 73 had a 'jammer on saturday, and he too in hospital.couple weeks.....issues with couple breakers in electrical box/ sparky will be here in early A.M. next time,I am just going to leave a note for wife and slip away without advanced notice !!

From my adventures this last weekend. I tred to go for the brown color phase and ended up getting winded at 23 yards with no shot presented. May just have to take the rifle out this next weekend. Any tips for judging bears from afar (black phase was ~2 miles out)?

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230429-223035.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230429-223035.jpg
    650.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230428_161247.jpg
    20230428_161247.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Hey you western privileged slackers stop posting on the political threads and go kill some bears, it’s May 1st and nary a bear on the ground.
I agree. I think whoever posts the 1st bear killed should get to start official bear thread for next year. Also I would like if knew state, elevation, weather, time, ect in posts like a fishing report.

Locally Forest service has decided to not open gates on access roads schedualed to open 1 may and told nobody! No alerts, no signs, nothing on website (no closure notice) and when called last week "be opened on morning of 1st" so after sitting at gate with others for 6 hours yesterday i drove 20 miles to cell service to learn this! The only places i have ever seen blackbears this early is behind those gates. Hopefully they dont drag this out, this is ridicous and was 80 degrees today and greening fast where i hiked a block of blm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back