***OFFICIAL*** 2023 SPRING BEAR THREAD

20230511_192305.jpg

This last weekend I took a trip into the same drainage for the 3rd weekend in a row. I was after a couple of boars that had eluded me earlier in the season. I got in 7 miles on my bike and setup camp to glass for the evening. I spotted three smaller bears, but not the boars. At last light two other hunters appeared and they had shot a very small bear. As they hooted and hollered I decided I was going to head up in the AM to get above some of the other pressure.

In the morning I pushed my bike up the slope ~1200 feet until I hit the upper road grade. I decided to glass this basin for the day. It wasn't long after that a bear appeared on the road cut across from me. At this point I got the spotter put and looked at the bear. To me the bear didn't look as large as the boars, but it had dwarfed the other bears I'd seen in the drainage the previous night (i estimated~200 pounds). I watched for about 30min before deciding to take the bear.

20230512_164432.jpg

After tracking the bear down the steep slope, I came across a sow that was ~130 - 150 pounds. I got to processing and had a hairy bike ride out on an unknown road. I processed a half of the bear into Italian sausage and chorizo. I made the other half into roasts.

These boys managed to turn up an "old boar" 🤣🤣

These boys managed to turn up an "old boar" 🤣🤣

Looks like they decided to delete some comments😬

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back