Offensive, I’m offended

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
First thing first, always check the blind for rattlesnakes before the client goes in there.

Yep, I'm usually pretty good about checking when I get in first light. But that day I showed up about noon and there were some antelope nearby, so I was in a hurry and not paying attention, dang near knelt down on him.

Same, I'd rather hunt in grizzly country than big snake country any day of the week.
Only saw one poisonous snake in my life growing up in Tennessee, and we were looking for them that day. Snakes, I can wear tall boots. Grizz, I am not a fast enough runner, and my hunting partner is faster than I am...

I just gained a whole new level of respect for all of you who are like me, admittedly afraid of snakes. I think they are the creepiest bastards on the face of the earth, made by the devil himself. I'm like @mtmuley, if I see one I don't kill them, I run the other way with my tail between my legs.

Things I hate the most, in order:

1. Snakes
2. Ticks

I just gained a whole new level of respect for all of you who are like me, admittedly afraid of snakes. I think they are the creepiest bastards on the face of the earth, made by the devil himself. I'm like @mtmuley, if I see one I don't kill them, I run the other way with my tail between my legs.
Yep. And I also am scared of the dentist. No matter if it is a checkup or a cleaning or a more involved procedure. Sleepless night before. mtmuley

Saw this dude in Zambia a couple years ago in March. It was my fault for going hunting during the wet season. Snakes are neat but this one was 12 feet long and I did not like being around him...but I did get a couple pics. Some kind of python.
DSC04857.JPG

I was out shed hiking a few weeks back and almost stepped on this guy when I returned to the trailhead. Scared the crap outta me. I was so on edge for the rest of the hike. Now imagine this- I picked up a couple of those Mylar balloon trash while I was out and stuffed them in my back pocket. I had forgotten about it and when I went to sit down to take a break it made a rattling sound. I’m pretty sure I died at that moment...
FE540B26-C5FE-42E8-BEF7-8471F938CCD9.jpeg

Back