Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Off Season Upgrades and Tinkerings...

Oh, where to start?
Bought a 24" E.R. Shaw small shank Savage barrel in 257 Roberts from a member on another forum.
Needed an action.
Bought a closeout Savage 111 in 270 Win.
Reamer from PTG for 257 Roberts AI arrived 3 weeks ago. Headspace gauges finally arrived Friday.
Bought a Sightron SIII 10-50X60 LRTD for install on match rifle when it's built.
Put it on my wifes Savage 110FP in 233 Rem i've been using for factory class.

Bought a Savage Axis for another build. Probably a match rifle in 250 Savage, as it's "an inherently accurate cartridge". :rolleyes:

New tripod which is a serious upgrade for the spotting scope. New drummers throne for height adjustability at different benches. Nice & cushy too! :D

Bought a new Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x 56 mm Firedot Duplex scope for my Weatherby Mark V, .300 Wby. magnum. Got the scope mounted, bore sighted, and sighted in the rifle at 100 yds. the other day. Also bought 2 boxes of Weatherby Select 165 grain NBT ammo. for it.
vx5hd1.jpgvx5hd2.jpg

How was the fit? Did you have to do much sanding?
Fit was pretty good. I bought it second had from someone who’d already sanded it down a little bit. I did have to break off a plastic pin on the factory bottom metal(plastic) since the B&C stock did not have a corresponding hole for it. It didn’t seem to have much purpose, and I preferred that to drilling a hole in the new stock.

Gathering parts to build my boys an Indiana deer legal left hand AR. Have upper receiver and BCG headed this way. Likely order the stripped lower later today.

Gathering parts to build my boys an Indiana deer legal left hand AR. Have upper receiver and BCG headed this way. Likely order the stripped lower later today.
AR style would be a good choice for kids. Vertical pistol grip, adjustable lop. Low recoil. Been thinking a lot about that lately.

AR style would be a good choice for kids. Vertical pistol grip, adjustable lop. Low recoil. Been thinking a lot about that lately.
I'm hoping it makes it easier to fit both the 10yo and the 13yo, who's the size of a grown man (5'10" 200#). That and they think it's cool. :D It'll either be in 6X45 or 25-45 Sharps. Leaning towards the latter as the price and availability is easy through SRC. Either will work for the distances we see at our property and the bullets that are best for these rounds.

I'm hoping it makes it easier to fit both the 10yo and the 13yo, who's the size of a grown man (5'10" 200#). That and they think it's cool. :D It'll either be in 6X45 or 25-45 Sharps. Leaning towards the latter as the price and availability is easy through SRC. Either will work for the distances we see at our property and the bullets that are best for these rounds.
Like to see the finished product when you get to it.

Fit was pretty good. I bought it second had from someone who’d already sanded it down a little bit. I did have to break off a plastic pin on the factory bottom metal(plastic) since the B&C stock did not have a corresponding hole for it. It didn’t seem to have much purpose, and I preferred that to drilling a hole in the new stock.
Mine went on with no sanding required. Super easy.

Since both of my bows broke on the same day, a new one of those is in order. My backpack started ripping out and the main zipper is starting to stick, so an upgrade there is in order as well. Just ordered a new bino Harness the other day. Could use a new muzzleloader as well.

My Bergara B-14 Hunter is a great shooter and has been very easy to load for, but I wasn’t crazy about the stock, and the bluing was junk and prone to surface rust. So I:
• Replaced the stock with a Grayboe Outlander
• Had the bolt fluted at LRI cuz I think it looks cool and @JLS has assures me it’ll increase my MV by at least 100 fps. @Schaaf’s words about spiral fluting also piqued my interest...
• Had the barreled action cerakoted in midnight bronze and the bolt and bottom metal done in blackout.
• Installed a Timney Calvin Elite set at two pounds. (I actually like the Bergara trigger just fine, but I got the Timney for free so why not?)

The picture is bad but I like the way the rifle turned out. 615D7980-CEEC-4DF8-A236-FB757B4DF9ED.jpeg

Back