Odds website

----

Anyone have a line on a site to get drawing odds off of?

Hunter's trailhead in the resource section is pay to play now. I like the site but can't talk myself in to paying for a subscription to it.

I noticed that last night. FWP and Wyoming both have pretty good drawing statistics available online, so I'm not too worried about it. However, I'd be a little more concerned if I was trying to research new areas in other states.

Not to plug it too hard, but there are some new features that are really nice, not to mention that AZ, WY, NM, and CO 2012 odds are up as of yesterday. I've been paying for a membership since before it was necessary (simply for the ability to sort/search the way I wanted) and it's a better value now than ever. But with a little more time and effort you can get the same info straight from the state agencies, albeit in a format that is harder to digest.

I've been real happy with the Huntin' Fool services. The yearly membership fee is up there but the magazine and the website is one that I turn to when researching odds and hunts. My funds are limited but I try to subscribe each year or every other year.

When I drew my 2010 Nevada mule deer tag after 15 years of applying I called them for advice. I knew the areas of my unit real well and I have a buddy that lives in the unit and the tips they gave me were pretty good. The list of past hunters who drew wasn't too helpful since most of them didn't know much other than what outfitter to use. However, a guy that drew the tag this year called me and I pointed him towards some good areas. I was tempted to go help him but I already committed to helping a friend on his Nevada elk hunt.

Other than using Huntin' Fool I use the fish and game websites for each state. Some are pretty good at posting odds, hunter success, animal size, etc. Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming fish and game and some.

I apply in; Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, Wyoming, New Mexico and Montana as often as my credit limit allows me to.

Last edited:
Ya I've also been a regular HF subscriber for the odds as well as the info. It was nice to have the MM free data available for backup, but it was never a necessity. I probably wasted too much time playing with that anyway. Will be distracted less now.

I am looking for a free odds site that shows me what bighorn ram hunts are 100% draw odds...what? You mean the ram draws are less than 100%. Dang it. I was looking to draw a grand slam (TM) in 2013.

I am looking for a free odds site that shows me what bighorn ram hunts are 100% draw odds...what? You mean the ram draws are less than 100%. Dang it. I was looking to draw a grand slam (TM) in 2013.

MT units 300, 303, 500, 501 and 502 have 100% draw odds for rams.

Anyone know who produces the hunt draw odds that hunterstrailhead and mm use?

Jon, the owner of Hunters Trailhead, produces all the odds and compiles them into a useable format. He was providing them here and on MM.

Hard to pay the site maintenance and bandwidth costs merely on traffic/ads alone, so he had to go to a subscription model. I don't blame him. He is putting a lot of work into that. He is a good guy.

Yes, the draw odds were handy but I'm sure very labor intensive to keep up, especially for free. It takes a little extra work, but you can find similar data by going directly to each state's website. No one ever said hunting was easy, but it sure is worth it!

At $24.95 for the membership for Hunters Trailhead, it certainly looks like money well spent, at least from where i am sitting anyway. Probably a few other options out there, but i have looked at that site and MM dozens of times assisting me when trying to work out what to do with points and potential hunts.

Good on the guy for providing a free service for so long and even better he can obtain financial gain by offering information condensed in one website, taking into account all those hours he must have spent over the years.

Back