Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

NRA endorses Trump

Executive orders can, and are, over-turned via courts if found to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution.

Congress can also overturn an executive order by passing legislation that conflicts with it.

There are "checks and balances" even with executive orders.

The fear mongering by the NRA is just that regarding any President banning guns via executive order. Any executive order that conflicted with the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution would be struck down via congress and/or the USSC.

Facts matter.

Once more you are correct. However, these "overturns" take time. Example: Just the other day Obama issued an executive order requiring overtime pay by raising the salary threshold to $47,476 a year from $23,660. The Senate and House can write and PASS a bill overturning this executive order, however, it must be signed by the president. Do you think Obama would sign a bill overturning his own executive order. There within lies the problem. Let the courts deal with the issue? How long will this take? Years I bet. NOTE: I have no dog in the fight concerning the previous example that I just cited (overtime pay).

good luck to all
the dog

Once more you are correct. However, these "overturns" take time. Example: Just the other day Obama issued an executive order requiring overtime pay by raising the salary threshold to $47,476 a year from $23,660. The Senate and House can write and PASS a bill overturning this executive order, however, it must be signed by the president. Do you think Obama would sign a bill overturning his own executive order. There within lies the problem. Let the courts deal with the issue? How long will this take? Years I bet. NOTE: I have no dog in the fight concerning the previous example that I just cited (overtime pay).

good luck to all
the dog

Just to be clear, I don't disagree with you regarding the over-use of executive orders.

What I do disagree with is the NRA fear mongering regarding executive orders taking away 2nd amendment rights. Its BS and they once again cling to the hope that those they are bullchitting, aren't smart enough to realize they're being lied to. Its just another, in the long list of propaganda, the NRA uses to bolster membership via not telling the truth. Their untruthfulness in these cases drive educated people away and IMO, expose their lack of credibility.

I also don't disagree with you about the length of time it could potentially take to over-turn an EO by the courts. But, I don't believe any President would try to change second amendment rights via an executive order that they KNOW will never stand up in the USSC.

It would be akin to the President trying to pass an EO that would take away freedom of Speech, just not a very likely scenario.

BTW, If the president vetos a bill that would conflict with an EO, congress can still pass it with a 2/3 majority. So, again, there are checks and balances.

Last edited:
Let me tell you something if she is elected she will not abolish the 2nd amendment , but you can bet your last dollar we will see strong gun legislation pushed as hard as we have ever seen it Mark my word.

Let me tell you something if she is elected she will not abolish the 2nd amendment , but you can bet your last dollar we will see strong gun legislation pushed as hard as we have ever seen it Mark my word.

Let me tell you something, it will get just as far as it has in the past...nowhere, mark my word.

Follow the $$$$.

We still haven't recovered from dumb asses saying Obama would take our guns and add a $3. per cartridge tax on ammo. They ran out and bought up everything on the shelves and still do, 7 years later. All we need now is a fresh round of people doing the same thing.

Last edited:
We are stuck with two choices unless a third party runs for president. The lesser of the two is Trump so unless you support Obamanomics which has occurred over a trillion dollars for each year in office then vote for the same and vote Hillary. I will not vote for someone who is an accessory to murder of Americans. Some talk about the public lands issue, well if we continue to rack up the national debt which foreign country will own our public lands?

Who would be dumb enough to believe trump will do anything he says, let alone half of it?

I can understand wanting to put the establishment on notice...but Trump isn't the way to do it.

In case trump was asleep in 9th grade civics class, he still has to work with congress...he's not the king he believes himself to be.
He is allowed to enforce the laws we have... something Obama refused to do on immigration. Instead Obama sues states that try to enforce the laws.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back