MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Now I've heard it all

Over the years, the offices I have worked in have been accused of releasing wolves, mountain lions, coyotes, hawks, mule deer, antelope, bears, and elk. It is always highly amusing…people think my job is WAY more exciting than it actually is.

I’ve never met anyone in the Wildlife Special Forces, which must be the agency responsible for classified cloak and dagger introductions in the dead of night. If I ever see that job advertised, I’m applying. 🤣
Do you think the black helicopter at night or the unmarked stock trailer has a better success percentage in introduction efforts?

Over the years, the offices I have worked in have been accused of releasing wolves, mountain lions, coyotes, hawks, mule deer, antelope, bears, and elk. It is always highly amusing…people think my job is WAY more exciting than it actually is.

I’ve never met anyone in the Wildlife Special Forces, which must be the agency responsible for classified cloak and dagger introductions in the dead of night. If I ever see that job advertised, I’m applying. 🤣
Well when you do find the listing on USA Jobs, consider getting the gob’ment onboard with my “Make Colorado Scary Again” initiative.

Montana has grizz to spare and we need a solution to the surface shitters around Aspen.

They're out there, but all the jobs I've ever seen actually involve killing predators, especially poisoning coyotes. Or maybe killing whitetails at night in urban areas.

Post script
I forgot to add the same guy told us he saw a black panther last year in elgin crossing the road in front of him. Like the group from Forrest Gump? I'm confused.
The best one I have heard was a lady called and swore she saw a mountain lion. I asked her why she thought that and she said she didn't actually see the animal but she could see its shadow and the shadow looked like a mountain lion.

I also have pictures in my file cabinet from a lady who swears there is a wolf running around a pretty remote area of the county. Which actually wouldn't surprise me, but you have to know the source, we call her Crazy Christy. She took pictures of the tracks, and laid down next to the tracks to show stride length. She also brought in a sample of snow she claimed had urine in it and wanted us to do a DNA sample on the snow.

I had an electrician on a job who went on a 10 minute tirade about how he saw a DNR truck with a stock trailer so he followed it, actually to the same area Crazy Christy saw the wolf, and he saw the DNR release wolves. I told our DNR officer about it and he started laughing saying that the guy was partially correct. he had trapped a bear which was causing a ruckus with garbage around some cabins and relocated it to the area. He had borrowed the stock trailer from his father in law to transport the bear.

A lady that lives by me told me a lion had killed all of her dogs. That seemed somewhat reasonable, when she told me about the bear living under her trailer house eating her chickens she lost me.

Another guy in town seen a black panther. He also tells of a story where he held onto the hood of a semi for 100 miles after the semi ran him and his motorcycle over. He also was abducted by aliens.

And we wonder why when sightings get reported biologists and COs are skeptical.

Well when you do find the listing on USA Jobs, consider getting the gob’ment onboard with my “Make Colorado Scary Again” initiative.

Montana has grizz to spare and we need a solution to the surface shitters around Aspen.
Ship some griz to CA too please. The flag needs some truth to it and the surface s***ting is a serious issue here too. Bet people think twice about dropping their drawers or even leaving their home with griz around. The F&G special forces can just drop a few here n there.

MI denied for years there are none, so we now have a DNR website. The website hasn't been updated in long time to reflect on average 10 documented sightings a year.

Showing up on game cams both upper and lower MI.

But even before game cams everyone knows MI has always had one of the healthiest "cougar" populations in the States.

Post script
I forgot to add the same guy told us he saw a black panther last year in elgin crossing the road in front of him. Like the group from Forrest Gump? I'm confused.
There’s an old story at the asphalt plant about a black panther in the Oakley bottoms over by Decatur.

Or maybe killing whitetails at night in urban areas
Well...that one does happen here not necessarily always in urban areas though. When cwd showed up il dnr was shooting deer over Bait, let that sink in for a minute. There reasoning was they needed more specimens to sample. Several of us asked if we could have mandatory testing during regular firearm and archery season during public meetings we were told no they don't want to scare the public.

Well...that one does happen here not necessarily always in urban areas though. When cwd showed up il dnr was shooting deer over Bait, let that sink in for a minute. There reasoning was they needed more specimens to sample. Several of us asked if we could have mandatory testing during regular firearm and archery season during public meetings we were told no they don't want to scare the public.
I was doing literature review for a job with USGS at one point, mostly wildlife disease articles, but the number of articles on humane capture/kill methods for whitetail deer was eye opening. Mostly Midwest and Eastern states but very widespread, and very little knowledge by the public.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back