Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Now I've heard it all

Don't forget about the rattlesnakes. There's a 100 square mile naval base here in IN and it is where our DNR releases all the bad animals.
Are they the ones who dropped Zim off?

• Haha
Reactions: JDH
Update everyone! From the barstool biologist with the black panther this just in, he told me there's a second cat at large and the dnr is tracking it via its microchip. What in the actual #*^@#* dude. King of bullshit mountain. Same guy told us last year that Hilary was in gauntanamo bay and was gonna be hung that morning😂.
The IL DNR website says it is currently tracking one.

This is gold, how did you pick jo Davies County? 🤣
Wait I read an article on this. It was very intriguing. It was based on a study done by the California Polytechnical School for the Really Smart. The basis (not to bore everyone with big scientifical like words) it seems is that Ligers will only attack animals with CWD.

Isn't it interesting that everyones home state has the most corrupt and or nefarious DNR/ F&W agency.

ODFW are solely responsible for wolves in Oregon. There are also grizz on Mt. Ashland apparently.
At risk of seeming like a conspiracy theorist, I offer this. Back when the wolf OR-7 was wandering around southwest Oregon and Northern California, with his great cult following, they said he had wandered here from Northeast Oregon looking for a mate. There had been no confirmed wolf sightings in Southern Oregon for many decades but somehow, miraculously, out of nowhere a female wolf showed up for OR-7 to mate with. Coincidence?

I hope there is a grizzly bear on Mt. Ashland. Way back in the sixties, when I was just a lad, My older cousin was big time into bear hunting with hounds. One of his hound running friends told him that his dogs ran a bear in the Applegate area that he swears was a griz. I don't know about that report but several years later my best friend's dad said he saw a Grizzly in what is now the Red Buttes Wilderness. He moved to Alaska in the late eighties and after seeing many grizzlies up there, he said he was 100% positive that it was indeed a Grizzly that he saw in the Red Buttes. So, I hold out hope that somewhere in those deep dark poison oak filled canyons there is a remnant population of the California Grizzly Bear roaming around.

When I was working for a govt agency in Nebraska we would trap tag and track pheasants. We would stop at whatever local coffee shop periodically and the old guys would accuse us of stocking mt lions. Well one day we pulled up with all our telemetry equipment and got coffee. As we were walking out one of the guys said what’s all that equipment for? As I walked out the door I said it’s to track the lions.

At risk of seeming like a conspiracy theorist, I offer this. Back when the wolf OR-7 was wandering around southwest Oregon and Northern California, with his great cult following, they said he had wandered here from Northeast Oregon looking for a mate. There had been no confirmed wolf sightings in Southern Oregon for many decades but somehow, miraculously, out of nowhere a female wolf showed up for OR-7 to mate with. Coincidence?

I hope there is a grizzly bear on Mt. Ashland. Way back in the sixties, when I was just a lad, My older cousin was big time into bear hunting with hounds. One of his hound running friends told him that his dogs ran a bear in the Applegate area that he swears was a griz. I don't know about that report but several years later my best friend's dad said he saw a Grizzly in what is now the Red Buttes Wilderness. He moved to Alaska in the late eighties and after seeing many grizzlies up there, he said he was 100% positive that it was indeed a Grizzly that he saw in the Red Buttes. So, I hold out hope that somewhere in those deep dark poison oak filled canyons there is a remnant population of the California Grizzly Bear roaming around.

He was special because he was the first collared wolf to pass through the area. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he was the third or fourth wolf to cross into California, but we will never know. They're hard to track. Look at the Curry County depredation in 2019. Twenty something livestock killed and not a peep of wolf activity on that side since.

I'm with @wllm on this one. A couple grizz in Southern Oregon would be great for thinning out the pct.

He was special because he was the first collared wolf to pass through the area. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he was the third or fourth wolf to cross into California, but we will never know. They're hard to track. Look at the Curry County depredation in 2019. Twenty something livestock killed and not a peep of wolf activity on that side since.

I'm with @wllm on this one. A couple grizz in Southern Oregon would be great for thinning out the pct.
Actually, back in the late 80s a forest service survey crew spotted two wolves in the Wagner creek area. They even go a good picture of one of them. I saw that picture. I am no expert, but it sure looked like a wolf to me. They showed the picture to ODFW and they were told that "there are no wolves in Sothern Oregon", so it had to be a dog. They refused to investigate further.

Actually, back in the late 80s a forest service survey crew spotted two wolves in the Wagner creek area. They even go a good picture of one of them. I saw that picture. I am no expert, but it sure looked like a wolf to me. They showed the picture to ODFW and they were told that "there are no wolves in Sothern Oregon", so it had to be a dog. They refused to investigate further.
I always loved that reply, "There aren't any (insert species) when it comes to a critter that is extremely controversial.

I always pictured the group that makes that statement immediately locking themselves in a room and holding a vigorous rock, paper, scissors tournament to see who was gonna spend the next six weeks investigating whether or not there was any validity to the sighting. Then followed by a draw straws game to see who was gonna call the higher up to say that a budget modification was needed so "Ferdinand" could investigate it.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back