now considered useless traits

This of course leads to college drinking games. I was ok with pong, but ruled on flip cup! The key was to wear sunglasses while playing either game. Mad skills. Card games in college too. Kings! Never forget the little man sitting on your cup. Poor bastard fell off or was consumed by so many. Remember President? Colloquially known as the asshole card game. President wore the box of beer as a crown. I wonder what the collegiate crowd does today? Arts lost to the unstoppable progression of time…
This is a pointless aside to your aside...
I didn't really drink much in college, but we used to bounce it beer pong style to decide who serves. I rolled into a McKenzie River Pizza promo day in Bozeman once where you beer-pong-bounce it into cups for prizes. I drilled it every time, beat all takers, and walked away with about 5 free pizzas, a pint glass, and some apparel, despite never playing beer pong in my life. So I guess it's not totally useless.

i'm a millennial and we all got trophies at the end of the year when i was 6 years old and played soccer. pretty sure they did that before i played in 6 year old soccer too.

i also tend to think i'm not an emotionally-delicate-needs-constant-validation-and-gratification type. other's may beg to differ though.

really i think every generation just thinks the generation below them is shitty, entitled, and the cause of all the worlds problems. i seem to remember reading about socrates or something whining about the youth. some things never change 🤷‍♂️

i'm a millennial and we all got trophies at the end of the year when i was 6 years old and played soccer. pretty sure they did that before i played in 6 year old soccer too.

i also tend to think i'm not an emotionally-delicate-needs-constant-validation-and-gratification type. other's may beg to differ though.

really i think every generation just thinks the generation below them is shitty, entitled, and the cause of all the worlds problems. i seem to remember reading about socrates or something whining about the youth. some things never change 🤷‍♂️
1625089870268.png

... We are writing down the excuses we get and in the past three years of owning said businesses we have quite a few pages already. Yes we employ younger college aged kids but holy cow.
The gold medal for call-in excuse goes to a fella who worked my shift at the plant. My brother was a security guard and took the call: "Uhh ... I can't find my pants." Ken was a fine guy but already a hopeless alcoholic and not even thirty years old. He eventually dragged his sweet little wife down the drain with him. About the time he finally got fired, she got pregnant. Having a kid was what they needed. They both took the cure. He went to school and became a world class chef. I seem to recall she became a CPA. Sometimes shit can unhappen. Very rare with addiction though.

Last edited:
"... I'm pretty deadly on a cornhole board..."

I'm absolutley blown away by this game! 🤯

I'm a "baby boomer". The slanted board with the hole in it was designed for a game called "washers". It was a take off on "horse shoes" and was played with washers for 1" bolts.
That progressed to opening up the hole a bit and using "bean bags". The game was called "Bean Bag".

I don't have ANY idea where the "Corn Hole" thing came from, but apparently the originator DID NOT look into the past history of the term "corn hole"!

Where I grew up, it was a term, considered vulgar, for anal sex between two males! 😖

"... I'm pretty deadly on a cornhole board..."

I'm absolutley blown away by this game! 🤯

I'm a "baby boomer". The slanted board with the hole in it was designed for a game called "washers". It was a take off on "horse shoes" and was played with washers for 1" bolts.
That progressed to opening up the hole a bit and using "bean bags". The game was called "Bean Bag".

I don't have ANY idea where the "Corn Hole" thing came from, but apparently the originator DID NOT look into the past history of the term "corn hole"!

Where I grew up, it was a term, considered vulgar, for anal sex between two males! 😖
781aa751e994839d8d80dd17ec810008.jpg

I think we could've done without that

I’m good at horseshoes but hardly anyone around here is doing that anymore.

I was really good at tapping the next button on my 8 track player right to the song I wanted.

Last edited:
I wonder what the ballistic coefficient of a ping pong ball is? Sectional density?
I get 0.0022218 for the SD from a 2.7 gram ball with a 40mm diameter.
I'm not sure what the form factor for a sphere is to turn that into a BC, and I'm betting it wouldn't fit a G1, G7 or similar curve.....speaking of useless traits.

I get 0.0022218 for the SD from a 2.7 gram ball with a 40mm diameter.
I'm not sure what the form factor for a sphere is to turn that into a BC, and I'm betting it wouldn't fit a G1, G7 or similar curve.....speaking of useless traits.

I feel like we can all go home now because this one post just really encapsulates this entire thread so perfectly.

Huh?

I split cherry by the ton. We heat with wood and cherry might be our most common firewood. Splits great with a splitting axe or a 6# maul. No hydraulic splitter here.

Elm sucks. I don't even bother.
I had an Elm die in the yard. Since it was only yards form the wood pile I figured it would be easier to make fire wood out of it than to haul it off. Ended up splitting the bigger pieces by cutting them length wise with the chain saw.

Last edited:
I am the same. Really frustrating.
Me too. But I don't think I'd forget the name of someone introduced to me as Gomer. No need to reconfirm that moniker. "Nice to meet you. Your mom still in a rubber room at Warm Springs?"

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back