Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Nothing but opinionated BS

You're lying to yourself bro... lived most of my life in three counties in CO... current populations 15k, 50k, 30k

Micro example mail... I was 30 the first time I didn't have to drive 10 min to check my mail. I got to Boston and I was like... WTF they bring it TO YOU? You can hand a letter to the person or put it on the box on the corner and that's it? What is this witchcraft.
Not sure what it's like in rural Washington, but in CO we didn't have sidewalks and while the trails went to big ass mountains they were 10-50 miles away. Driving.
What kind of soft has MA molded you into? When did you need a sidewalk to run on? I hate running a side walks, hell you have to stop every freakin' block. I've ran or biked almost exclusively on county roads my entire life all across WA. There is zero reason to not run or bike directly from your house to a trail, unless you want to do a full day trip, then yeah you have to get into your car.
I assume your mail comment is regarding PO boxes? The only people I know that have PO boxes live in town. Every rural house I know has a mailbox. It's as american as apple pie.
Grocery store... driving
7 minutes, I'm probably in the 10 percentile in our zipcode, 90% of people live closer. It was even closer for every other place I've lived.
So I get back at least 20 days of my life back.
and yet you lose 345 days by living in MA. I thought you were good at math?

7 minutes, I'm probably in the 10 percentile in our zipcode, 90% of people live closer. It was even closer for every other place I've lived.
Suburban softy... until I was 12 we lived 25-30 min from the store, then my mom got sick of it and we moved, then it was like 7 min ;) You learned to make sure whatever you wanted was on that damn list or you weren't getting it for at least a week maybe 2.

Yeah PO Boxes... rural CO doesn't have mail delivered, didn't have it in Bozeman either. 🤷‍♂️

Get this. When we stopped in Big Fork, his parents live in a place with some space, have a view, can walk to the river, we did a 30 minute short run before bed saw... 2 cars, and get this, they have a mail box! It was crazy.

You speak like your car is satan, maybe it's time to drive something besides a shitty old corolla, then you may not hate it quite a much. I mean people come from all over the east just to drive around the west...

Suburban softy... until I was 12 we lived 25-30 min from the store, then my mom got sick of it and we moved, then it was like 7 min ;) You learned to make sure whatever you wanted was on that damn list or you weren't getting it for at least a week maybe 2.

Yeah PO Boxes... rural CO doesn't have mail delivered, didn't have it in Bozeman either. 🤷‍♂️
So no one worked in town? I mean we make a list too, but I drive to town everyday for work just pick shit up on your way home.

Where I'm at it would be hard to get 30 minutes from a grocery store, too much public land.

Every once in awhile on this website there pops up a forum topic that's a real gem and worth reading every single post.

This is one of those, good job @neffa3

Its currently certified "gold". Once @Big Fin chimes in with his thoughts on I'm sure MN, MT and AZ (no mention yet even of the SW I believe) it will be recertified "Platinum"

So no one worked in town? I mean we make a list too, but I drive to town everyday for work just pick shit up on your way home.

Where I'm at it would be hard to get 30 minutes from a grocery store, too much public land.
At the time our "town" didn't have a grocery store and you had to drive to the next one over, does now though.

Get this. When we stopped in Big Fork, his parents live in a place with some space, have a view, can walk to the river, we did a 30 minute short run before bed saw... 2 cars, and get this, they have a mail box! It was crazy.

You speak like your car is satan, maybe it's time to drive something besides a shitty old corolla, then you may not hate it quite a much. I mean people come from all over the east just to drive around the west...
I enjoy a roadtrip vacation, but yeah, I'd be cool with never commuting another day in my life.

MN - Not nearly as cool as I thought it would be. Corn and soy beans as far as the eye can see. Flat, flatter than SD. Probably the most disappointing state, but maybe my expectations were too high. I kinda felt like southern MN should be ceded to Iowa. But easily the nicest rest areas! They had these little paved trails with native prairie planted along them to stretch the legs.
Not sayin' it's the rocky mountains, but northeastern MN is great in its own way. Driving I90 across the southern 10% of the state is in no way experiencing MN. Like you noted, you really saw North Iowa, not Minnesota.

Every once in awhile on this website there pops up a forum topic that's a real gem and worth reading every single post.

This is one of those, good job @neffa3

Its currently certified "gold". Once @Big Fin chimes in with his thoughts on I'm sure MN, MT and AZ (no mention yet even of the SW I believe) it will be recertified "Platinum"
thanks, but you know what they say about blind squirrels and nuts. It helps having a ton of funny friends on here to heckle back and forth with.

Honestly this trip was the definition of Type 2 fun.

Oh boy.
Glad to see NM is still a furrin land. Dirt roads, no mail delivery in most of it, and its always bone dry.
Someday I'll venture east , but then its Tejas.
Nevermind.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back