Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Nosler Suppressors

Did you ever shoot the WM with it? Any guest-imates on recoil/noise reduction? I’m like 95% sold on it, just need the final push to pull the trigger on it.

The other option is a SilencerCo Omega, but that also comes with a $600 premium.

No the win mag was threaded 1/2x28 for the brake that came with it. Didn’t trust 1/2x28 with an adapter for suppressor. To thin for me. Was planning to cut back to 20” and do 9/16 but never did it. A suppressor was one of the better firearm investments I’ve made. It’s really good if you have new shooters. I’m about to start the process for another one

Did you ever shoot the WM with it? Any guest-imates on recoil/noise reduction? I’m like 95% sold on it, just need the final push to pull the trigger on it.

The other option is a SilencerCo Omega, but that also comes with a $600 premium.
I have a few Silencerco Omega's... I would routinely go shoot my 300 WM with my toddler not 10 feet from me without any ear pro on. That is how quiet these can be. Recoil was mitigated to be on par with a 243.

I went through silencer central for my banish 30. Took 11 months. Suppose to be quicker now with the E filing. I’ll be ordering a second here soon. Will be knocking a 300 win mag barrel back to 20” here next month
What do you think of the Banish 30? I’ve got one coming and another from silencer central.

I have a Banish 30 coming from Silencer Central, when I don't know. Started the process
Jan 10, Eform, must have been skipped over:(

What do you think of the Banish 30? I’ve got one coming and another from silencer central.

It’s the only one I own but I love it. Wish I had done it years ago. Actually hate shooting a rifle without it anymore

Just got this guy today! Applied April 1st. Capital Armory was awesome to work with.
These are sweet. I can’t believe how much more enjoyable it is to shoot with a suppressor. My dad just shot my 7 mag with my Dead Air TI on it. He was blown away and was immediately doing research. Anyone know a good gunsmith in the Lewistown MT area that could thread a barrel to accept a suppressor?

Both my big game rifles are threaded. However, how does everyone feel about cutting barrels? I worry about lost velocity and accuracy. A salesman at Scheel’s tried to convince me neither would change much. I call BS on velocity for sure, but what about accuracy?

Both my big game rifles are threaded. However, how does everyone feel about cutting barrels? I worry about lost velocity and accuracy. A salesman at Scheel’s tried to convince me neither would change much. I call BS on velocity for sure, but what about accuracy?
I have no personal experience with either, but have read that your Scheel’s homeboy wasn’t terribly wrong.

Shorter barrels are marginally stiffer than longer of the same profile, so theoretically accuracy would improve.

True, you’ll lose some velocity, but as @brockel has posted he didn’t loose a ton.

17” 6.5 prc 140 grain Berger vld 2820fps. Just as accurate as it was as a long barrel. Think it was 2950 at 22”

I have no personal experience with either, but have read that your Scheel’s homeboy wasn’t terribly wrong.

Shorter barrels are marginally stiffer than longer of the same profile, so theoretically accuracy would improve.

True, you’ll lose some velocity, but as @brockel has posted he didn’t loose a ton.
This. Don’t be afraid of chopping it.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back