PEAX Equipment

Nosler Suppressors

Both my big game rifles are threaded. However, how does everyone feel about cutting barrels? I worry about lost velocity and accuracy. A salesman at Scheel’s tried to convince me neither would change much. I call BS on velocity for sure, but what about accuracy?
I had my Tikka barrel cut back to 20”. Lost about 60 fps IIRC. Still a great shooter.

14A9C3EB-217B-402F-862D-C034F6F341B8.jpeg

I hunted this weekend w someone who had a silenerco suppressor mounted.
They were shooting a 300 ultra mag. I could not believe how quiet it was,
nor how much it reduced the recoil.

I am not thrilled about getting on an ATF list but the quiet and reduced recoil have me
looking at a silencerco. I will have one by next season

I hunted this weekend w someone who had a silenerco suppressor mounted.
They were shooting a 300 ultra mag. I could not believe how quiet it was,
nor how much it reduced the recoil.

I am not thrilled about getting on an ATF list but the quiet and reduced recoil have me
looking at a silencerco. I will have one by next season
Don’t wait to much longer. I filed with ATF using Eform 4 on 4/11. Still waiting. I thought that would be enough time for rifle seasons that opened in October.

Don’t wait to much longer. I filed with ATF using Eform 4 on 4/11. Still waiting. I thought that would be enough time for rifle seasons that opened in October.
262 days since ATF submission (4/11) for two suppressors. One suppressor approved today 12/30. Hopefully the other is any day so I can get them the same day at the store.

Man I was hoping Efile would speed things up considerably but looks like it’s only slightly faster
I agree. I’m assuming they still have a huge back lot of paper files they are working through. Then when they announced efile we all jumped thinking we’d get the suppressor fast. I bet this time next year it’s better but still not down to 90 days like they hope.

I submitted to the ATF for two suppressors on 4/11/22. 1st approval 12/30/22. 2nd approval 1/1/23. Why they didn’t come together is beyond me. But the wait was 262 and 264.

Back