Caribou Gear

Nosler Suppressors

mxracer317

Anyone seen or used these new Nosler suppressors? I was looking at getting a Dead Air TI for Nomad-30 for my 300 WinMag, but these Nosler's are kinda intriguing. https://www.nosler.com/nosler-suppressors

Anyone use the TI or Nomad-30 on their hunting rifle? Can't stand the bright silver of the TI, so I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on buying that one.

In their promo video they don't have a suppressor cover on them, so I'm wondering how necessary that would be?

Any bet's that @Big Fin will have one on by this upcoming season (tax stamp pending?)!

Last edited:
Just bought the Dead Air Ti today. Into ATF jail it goes! The bright silver is awful, but the can is incredible. I'll either cerekote it or use a suppressor wrap.

I’ve recently just bought a Banish 30. I used Silencer Central. I too am now in ATF jail. Such a hard decision. So many great choices.

The covers on suppressor can be bought and everyone I know says you should get one and research to ensure it doesn’t slip. It’s supposed to help lessen the mirage from the heat. I’ve read a few places where it also adds a few dB reduction to have one on ( can’t verify if this is true, just read it a few different places). Also I’ve read about people getting a good burn from their can that wasn’t covered. But each dealer sales them for 20-60.

I’m excited for it to get here (next year, hopefully sooner with Eforms). Randy did a podcast about hearing with an Audiologist that got me thinking. I have tinnitus already and shoot with muzzle brakes and per that audiologist it increases the sound heard exponentially. Need to protect what I have left.

Good luck.

I’ve recently just bought a Banish 30. I used Silencer Central. I too am now in ATF jail. Such a hard decision. So many great choices.

The covers on suppressor can be bought and everyone I know says you should get one and research to ensure it doesn’t slip. It’s supposed to help lessen the mirage from the heat. I’ve read a few places where it also adds a few dB reduction to have one on ( can’t verify if this is true, just read it a few different places). Also I’ve read about people getting a good burn from their can that wasn’t covered. But each dealer sales them for 20-60.

I’m excited for it to get here (next year, hopefully sooner with Eforms). Randy did a podcast about hearing with an Audiologist that got me thinking. I have tinnitus already and shoot with muzzle brakes and per that audiologist it increases the sound heard exponentially. Need to protect what I have left.

Good luck.

This is why all my hunting rifles will be threaded for my suppressor. I cut the barrels back to make them not such a pain to pack around. I’ll give up the FPS over the noise reduction

Good luck.
I just shot my guns with my Banish 30 first time ever. It was great and so nice! Everything and even better then I was hoping for. Sound reduction and recoil much reduced. My 7mmRUM felt like a 243. Im thinking of getting another one so I can use one as well as my son. Maybe even 3 if my daughter takes it up:)

Where’s the best place to get your suppressor license?, I know it takes almost a year to get it in most cases right?
Matt
I got mine through Silencer Central. Took me yes almost a year. They say with the new forms they are using this year it will be much faster. I did ALOT of RESEARCH before going with them and the Banish 30. For the price and what you get it was right for me. Dead air and Thunder beast were in the running as well

I got mine through Silencer Central. Took me yes almost a year. They say with the new forms they are using this year it will be much faster. I did ALOT of RESEARCH before going with them and the Banish 30. For the price and what you get it was right for me. Dead air and Thunder beast were in the running as well

Thanks, I’ve been wanting to get a Suppressor for a couple years now.
Matt

Where’s the best place to get your suppressor license?, I know it takes almost a year to get it in most cases right?
Matt
Nosler has the step-by-step process you need to go through at this link - https://www.nosler.com/nosler-suppressors

They just notified me that my 30ALTI will be ready soon. The biggest hurdle will be ATF, before hunting season.

Matt
There are plenty of places to get a silencer. Online sites include silencercentral, silencershop, silencerco, and many others. I was in scheels in Loveland and they had a bunch to see and would do the process with you. Each silencer company probably has a process through them.

I was reading a forum on a different site and the people that submitted their forms to the ATF are close to a year. I was seeing guys saying theirs took close to 90 days using the Eforms. So I hope the Eform statement is correct. I just submitted mine to the ATF on 4/11. Hopefully I get it before season.

It seems that I talk to someone at the Denver Colorado sportsman show that got them within a couple of months when you signed up through them at the show, you did your fingerprinting and picture and background check right there at their booth. Anyone remember the name of those guys at that booth?
Matt

I went through silencer central for my banish 30. Took 11 months. Suppose to be quicker now with the E filing. I’ll be ordering a second here soon. Will be knocking a 300 win mag barrel back to 20” here next month

Waiting on my Dead Air Ti. My 300 win Mag has a break, so the barrel is threaded. Thoughts on having my .270 barrel machined to add threads for it?

Waiting on my Dead Air Ti. My 300 win Mag has a break, so the barrel is threaded. Thoughts on having my .270 barrel machined to add threads for it?
If the sound change is so great on my bigger calibers I will have a 308 and 6.5 threaded to make shooting more enjoyable for not only me but also my children.

I went through silencer central for my banish 30. Took 11 months. Suppose to be quicker now with the E filing. I’ll be ordering a second here soon. Will be knocking a 300 win mag barrel back to 20” here next month
Any comments on your Banish 30? I’m taking a long hard look at it myself. Would be going on a .300 PRC, so very similar to your WM.

Any comments on your Banish 30? I’m taking a long hard look at it myself. Would be going on a .300 PRC, so very similar to your WM.

The win mag went down the road and the banish 30 sits on a 6.5 prc mostly right now. I like it. Originally just got it for coyote calling but it’s pretty much the only way I shoot now

The win mag went down the road and the banish 30 sits on a 6.5 prc mostly right now. I like it. Originally just got it for coyote calling but it’s pretty much the only way I shoot now
Did you ever shoot the WM with it? Any guest-imates on recoil/noise reduction? I’m like 95% sold on it, just need the final push to pull the trigger on it.

The other option is a SilencerCo Omega, but that also comes with a $600 premium.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back