Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

North Yellowstone Flooding

Anybody know if the employee housing structure clobbered Corwin Springs Bridge?
Just heard Point of Rocks Bridge reported gone.

I disagree for at least a good part of SW Montana. There are still a lot of areas with a ton of snow. I think a lot of the water in the ruby/Jefferson/Madison valleys is due to great moisture the last few weeks. I believe west got 1.9” of rain just yesterday alone.
I looked up the graphs for the Missouri and Jeff, and Yellowstone. I think this event is just a little blip that won't make up for the low water we've had this spring. Hopefully the upper Missouri drainage reservoirs are taking it in.

1655179083473.png
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1655179118214.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you average out the peaks you can also see the Yellowstone has been running pretty low. Hopefully all the water in the floodplain will soak into the water table. The rest of it will be in No Dak by the end of the week.
1655179270450.png
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody know if the employee housing structure clobbered Corwin Springs Bridge?
Just heard Point of Rocks Bridge reported gone.
I heard the house did not take out the Corwin Bridge but don’t hold me to it. And here’s a picture from earlier today of the Point of Rocks Bridge. Not good. Photo credit: @BirdManMike
2468103E-CCCE-4123-AC98-E615954DB346.jpeg

My wife was supposed to go work at a camp in the Boulder River south of Big Timber. Sounds like that is now highly unlikely. 10000 cfs at Big Timber.
My oldest son is over there at Clydehurst Christian Ranch this week. The camp emailed us last night and said everything was fine so far and the water level seemed to be dropping.

My son lives and works in Gardiner. Talking to him yesterday was crazy. I can't imagine the rebuilding that'll be needed. Huge impacts to many folks livelihoods.

While I don't believe in superstitions, I do find it odd that both times I've been through the park (87', and 21'), the next Summer was catastrophic in natural disasters. This bums me out a lot.

Does anyone know how the road fared in Yankee Jim Canyon? Or the East River Road? There is an alternate road between Mammoth and Gardiner that bypasses the Gardner River Canyon road that was destroyed, so I guess Gardiner folks could get out via the other exits except Cook City.

Brass KAHUNAS right there! Those are the guys with the Thousand yard stares that look right through you.....
No, primarily attention whores who have their friends video them doing this stuff to post on social media. Or even better strangers video them and post pics to their social media. Half of people think it's cool. Other have think it's dumb. But they all are giving these guys the attention that they crave and the followers for social media.

Every catastrophe is a social media opportunity.

Back