North Idaho Snackables

Duck-Slayer

This was approved by Mr. Newberg(@bigfin)

I recently got to try a new backpacking freeze dried meal company, North Idaho Snackables.

Sent her an email and received a package a couple days later. Tried them on 3 different fishing trips over 11 days.

I tried Turkey curry and brown rice, chicken enchiladas(my favorite), Turkey and black bean chili, honey granola with huckleberry yogurt. Everything from the packaging to the food was great.

I liked that the amount of water to add was in cups instead of ounces/ML, my pot has a 1 cup and 2 cup mark. I also liked that the freeze dried food looks very tasty before I even reheated it! Meals are excellent tasting, I would gladly take these over Mountain House or Peak refuel! These meals don’t make your guts rumble and hate you in the morning. My daughter and I both enjoyed the granola, wife and son passed. We did not rehydrate them for eating.

I recently got 2 custom orders, yes I paid full retail for these! I ordered 2 dozen Granny Smith apples and Huckleberry banana bread(24 slices) 2 slices per bag.
The apples are to die for! Love them and doesn’t way hardly anything (2.75oz). The Huckleberry banana bread is slightly more at (5.25oz.). Turkey and black bean chili (3.15oz.), Turkey curry and brown rice (3.5oz.), chicken enchiladas (4.15oz.), Huckleberry yogurt with honey granola (3/8oz.) All weighed on my home food scale.

These are all of what I have tried, all are wonderful! If you are interested in ordering some or request a custom order please feel free to visit her website click here: North Idaho Snackables. You can use my newly acquired discount code which is good for 2022, Matt10 is the code.
#northidahosnackables 🤣
Matt

C78E3CBC-7374-4E54-86D0-76A849F462F5.jpegF98AE0A4-1EA9-4724-862A-2FA247D6E180.jpeg6A6CB621-8DB0-4B7D-A66A-CF593232E32A.jpeg3F841C96-6B81-499D-878A-BEE86F68685B.jpeg806C1CB1-4224-4487-8B1B-43BCC4CCBAD7.jpeg18CA071F-8EEB-4335-8596-9B2BA6F078AA.jpegD7140353-7C65-4DF7-81BF-AB9991DF5E14.jpeg

I tried. I'm not sure if it went through, or if it went through the 5 times I had to refresh. I haven't gotten a confirmation email sk who knows.

I ordered 5 meals @$75 with shipping so I'm either not going to get anything or I'll get what I ordered...or I'll get 5 times what I ordered at a cost of nearly $400. They're site isn't that user friendly.

I'm from CA, am I able to buy? I only ask because every time I go to North Idaho I hear about how much they hate us Californians and how we're ruining the place. I'm kidding of course. Thanks for posting and including pics/review. I'll check em out! Mmmmmm... Huckleberry Banana Bread

I'm from CA, am I able to buy? I only ask because every time I go to North Idaho I hear about how much they hate us Californians and how we're ruining the place. I'm kidding of course. Thanks for posting and including pics/review. I'll check em out! Mmmmmm... Huckleberry Banana Bread
We'll take your money, just enjoy from a distance... ;)

I tried. I'm not sure if it went through, or if it went through the 5 times I had to refresh. I haven't gotten a confirmation email sk who knows.

I ordered 5 meals @$75 with shipping so I'm either not going to get anything or I'll get what I ordered...or I'll get 5 times what I ordered at a cost of nearly $400. They're site isn't that user friendly.
I’ll pass along that information
Matt

This was approved by Mr. Newberg(@bigfin)

I recently got to try a new backpacking freeze dried meal company, North Idaho Snackables.

Sent her an email and received a package a couple days later. Tried them on 3 different fishing trips over 11 days.

I tried Turkey curry and brown rice, chicken enchiladas(my favorite), Turkey and black bean chili, honey granola with huckleberry yogurt. Everything from the packaging to the food was great.

I liked that the amount of water to add was in cups instead of ounces/ML, my pot has a 1 cup and 2 cup mark. I also liked that the freeze dried food looks very tasty before I even reheated it! Meals are excellent tasting, I would gladly take these over Mountain House or Peak refuel! These meals don’t make your guts rumble and hate you in the morning. My daughter and I both enjoyed the granola, wife and son passed. We did not rehydrate them for eating.

I recently got 2 custom orders, yes I paid full retail for these! I ordered 2 dozen Granny Smith apples and Huckleberry banana bread(24 slices) 2 slices per bag.
The apples are to die for! Love them and doesn’t way hardly anything (2.75oz). The Huckleberry banana bread is slightly more at (5.25oz.). Turkey and black bean chili (3.15oz.), Turkey curry and brown rice (3.5oz.), chicken enchiladas (4.15oz.), Huckleberry yogurt with honey granola (3/8oz.) All weighed on my home food scale.

These are all of what I have tried, all are wonderful! If you are interested in ordering some or request a custom order please feel free to visit her website click here: North Idaho Snackables. You can use my newly acquired discount code which is good for 2022, Matt10 is the code.
#northidahosnackables 🤣
Matt

View attachment 227208View attachment 227210View attachment 227211View attachment 227212View attachment 227213View attachment 227215View attachment 227216
I didn't see estimated shelf life listed anywhere on the website...

Are they 10 yrs like many of the big names, or something else?

Shelf life is 10-20 years, no definitive use by date. After about 10 years I’m sure it will be less desirable to eat. I also assume most will not last that long! I’m already having a hard time not eating all the freeze dried apples!
Matt

Shelf life is 10-20 years, no definitive use by date. After about 10 years I’m sure it will be less desirable to eat. I also assume most will not last that long! I’m already having a hard time not eating all the freeze dried apples!
Matt
Thanks for bird dogging that. Excited to try them out, I enjoy branching out!

Hello,
We reached out to you with the email you provided on file!

Back