Non-residents looking for Permanant AZ B-Point

AZ402

Here it is again, guys like Jose,Oak, 1pointer and all other NR's who apply in AZ on this board. This is from Don Martin who runs these classes.

"Just wanted to let you know that there is going to be a one-day non-resident supplemental Arizona Hunter Education class available on Jan. 6, 2007, here in Kingman.

To take this class you must have taken and completed a Hunter Education class in your home state, and must call Dave Williams at Phoenix G&F at 602-789-3235. You will have to FAX him a copy of your graduation certificate or card to be eligible.

Upon graduation, you will then receive a permanent bonus point for deer, elk, sheep, antelope and buffalo.

We are located just 2 hours south of Las Vegas and flights into Vegas are cheap. Class times are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Arizona time).

Some believe that bonus points don't matter, but I beg to differ.

Here is an opportunity to increase your chance in the Arizona draw in the years to come."

Don Martin
Chief Instructor
Arizona Hunter Education
Kingman, AZ
928-681-4867

Took it in 2000. Hasn't helped me yet:mad:

I was a moron and flew to Phoenix. Vegas would definately be the way to go. Just remember the time difference. Bunch of dudes came strolling in 1 hour late from Vegas.

Stan- Is that the same "Don Martin" that used to hang around on the Bowsite and also booked some African hunts from time to time?

Marv, not sure about the Africa hunts but he does go to bowsite quite a bit. Archery deer is going on that time of year and I have time that weekend after the class if anyone wants to go??

AZ402,

My father-in-law and I are signed up and have flights booked from ND to Las Vegas. I am leaving my wife to play in LV while we take the class. This will put us at 10 non-res bonus points for this years elk draw. I sure hope it helps sooner rather than later. I am looking forward to meeting Don Martin. He seems like a real class act!

Good deal Buschy, 10 points is up there. It really depends on what hunt you are applying for. With the new 20% of the tags going to Max point guys, some hunts are next to impossible to draw; unless you are maxed out. 10 points should put you in the hunt for about anything. I'f you are looking to draw sooner, stay away from the low permit hunts (50 or under).

If you put in for 5 or more consecutive years you should get a loyalty point to throw on top of your 10(if you didn't already add it in)

Buschy:

See you there. I will be attending also. Good reason to warm up and spend a few days chasing quail afterwards.

Big Fin

Would love to take the class for the point. I'll have to see if I can get someone to go with...

AZ402,

Thanks for the draw advice. We are putting in for archery hunts only. I think we are close as well. It has been a long wait and we are really looking forward to it when it happens.

Basser,

I was including both the loyalty BP and hunter safety BP in our 10 BP's going into this years draw. I wish I could find a way to add another for 11 this year!! Good luck to everyone in the draws.

Buschy said:
AZ402,

Thanks for the draw advice. We are putting in for archery hunts only. I think we are close as well. It has been a long wait and we are really looking forward to it when it happens.

Basser,

I was including both the loyalty BP and hunter safety BP in our 10 BP's going into this years draw. I wish I could find a way to add another for 11 this year!! Good luck to everyone in the draws.

Sorry man, I have the same point count in the same way. That tag is going to have to come to me this year. THanks for applying though:D

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back