Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

AZ Hunters Ed bonus point

And some people think these states are just out to milk us poor nonresident hunters out of our hard earned dollars! ;)

I'm sure it costs them an extra $150 for a nonresident to take the course. I'm actually a little surprised that it is only double.

I'm most likely going to sign up for it though.

A friend of mine sent me the link earlier today amd at first I thought it was pretty cool but the more I think about it Im not so sure.
So basically more people will be able to get the point easier now basically making the point a wash while costing the hunter especially the nr money just to try and keep even with everyone else and all the while the state of Arizona gets even more money from the desperate mobs and try to make you feel good about it by saying its cheaper than traveling as they line their pockets.
And yes I will probably be signing up.

So this matters if you're in a max point pool, but I wonder who is going to pony up for this to go from 5 to 6 or whatever.

Started my course this morning. 3 of 10 modules done. It will take a while but you can do it as fast as you want just by clicking through. I probably could pass by doing that and taking the exam, but I'm not gonna risk my new $$ investment to AZGFD lol

I too enjoyed the course when i went. Didn't really learn anything new but i think its more designed to keep you thinking all the time. $300 is a lot of a safety training course. They really should be inexpensive to get more people to take them but i understand the revenue side.

But because it is a PERMANENT point, should you draw, you aren't starting over at zero, rather starting at 1.
Then wait until you draw and do it the next week. Might be 10 or 20 or 30 years before a person draws the tag they're after. $300 bonus point fee is ingenious, though. I wonder what consulting firm offered that one up? Probably the same one that did "free" sheep/goat/moose points in Colorado for 1 year a few years ago.

Grinding through the course and just got a notification that the system is under heavy load and the page couldn't load. Wonder how much $ this is going to pull in for the AZDFG?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back