Yeti GOBOX Collection

AZ Hunters Ed bonus point

I sent AZ Fish & Game an email asking about when the point will be added. Here is what they responded with..."It will automatically add to your portal after the next draw."

They then followed up with..."You will have the point for the draw. With the way that the system works, it just doesn't show in your portal after it is updated after each draw. But, you do have the point and it will be used in your favor."

The AG&F department is way too laxidasicle when it comes to transparency and protecting the perceptio of integrity of the drawing. I hope with some of money they are pulling in from the BP class that they take a serious look at fixing the things that are wrong with their process.

Ok, I'll stop complaining now and appreciate the opportunity to vent.

Personally, I intend to submit a public records request after the draw to confirm my $300 is being put to good use. Trust but verify is my motto and I encourage others to do the same.

Last edited:
I also emailed them about missing the Hunter Ed point but now I know it will take months for them to add it. I also noticed that I had been missing 2 bonus points that should've also been their. I'll wait to see what they say about that

So far I haven't gotten a response to my email I'm gonna have to call them.
Last year when I went to apply in Arizona I had 2 profiles. I called them and they assured me my profiles would be merged and my bonus points would be correct for the draw. I was super skeptical but when the draw results posted sure enough my account had been merged and bonus points were merged. Now whether everything went into the draw correctly all I can do is take their word for it. I was unsuccessful of course which was expected for what I applied for and my bonus point levels

I took the course within a day or two of it opening and still have nothing showing in my account.

"Hey Folks", does anyone know the Promo Code for the AZ Bonus Point course? For all the great things Randy has done for AZ, I figured the state would throw him and his loyal viewers a bone.

I tried Randy, Newberg, Randynewberg, randy22, randy50, and randy75, but nothing works.

"Hey Folks", does anyone know the Promo Code for the AZ Bonus Point course? For all the great things Randy has done for AZ, I figured the state would throw him and his loyal viewers a bone.

I tried Randy, Newberg, Randynewberg, randy22, randy50, and randy75, but nothing works.
Call the AZGF dept they may know-602-942-3000 💥

Reactions: JAG
Just checked... Mine is showing up in my account also. Kind of odd that they put it in the way they did with a new column for the "Ethically Hunting Arizona Points" instead of just putting it in the "Hunter Education Points" column.

Just glad it is showing up now though.

For the guys who have done the online course how long did it take you and what topics are covered?

Finished mine Saturday and the point is already showing up. That’s a pleasant surprise.

Just finished the course. I have to say I think it's a great course for any hunter to take. None of it was really revolutionary for me, but much of hit home on some very relative topics such as conservation, species of interest, ethics etc. Kind of silly, but when going through the details of big game species I found myself writing down the food sources of each. My plant ID sucks, so it's good to have a reference I can go back and look at.

Anxious to see how long it takes for the point to show up. I'll wait a bit before submitting my elk/pronghorn app just in case.

Just finished the course. I have to say I think it's a great course for any hunter to take. None of it was really revolutionary for me, but much of hit home on some very relative topics such as conservation, species of interest, ethics etc. Kind of silly, but when going through the details of big game species I found myself writing down the food sources of each. My plant ID sucks, so it's good to have a reference I can go back and look at.

Anxious to see how long it takes for the point to show up. I'll wait a bit before submitting my elk/pronghorn app just in case.
Supposedly you have to complete it 30 days before the draw deadline to get credit on this years draw. That would be Jan 9th. Who knows if they’ll stick to that though.

Sort of a bunch of BS. So in 2016 I bought 2 plane tickets to Vegas, rented a car, stayed in Lake Havasu, took the course in kingman, and lost a shit ton of money in Vegas.

Now, I could have got that point for $300?

Essentially, this is just putting me one point behind. I suppose at the 25 point level, most folks have already flew/driven to AZ for the course. Sort of a racket. My son will likely pay the $300.

Sort of a bunch of BS. So in 2016 I bought 2 plane tickets to Vegas, rented a car, stayed in Lake Havasu, took the course in kingman, and lost a shit ton of money in Vegas.

Now, I could have got that point for $300?

Essentially, this is just putting me one point behind. I suppose at the 25 point level, most folks have already flew/driven to AZ for the course. Sort of a racket. My son will likely pay the $300.
How is this putting you one point behind? You already have this point. You just “paid” more for it. If you mean you’re a point behind because others can now get it that’s weird way to look at it. Almost every resident in az has it so we are all on an even playing field.

Supposedly you have to complete it 30 days before the draw deadline to get credit on this years draw. That would be Jan 9th. Who knows if they’ll stick to that though.
It is a racket but they said that up front. And unless you’re waiting for hunts that take 25 years it doesn’t really help you. A guy applying for hunts that take 7 points and can draw 3 times in your 25 years doesn’t “really” need it.

A desperate ploy to make up the budget shortfall in AZ. Heard they may have purchased a lot of new vehicles.
Add that to the extra tags they sold outside the normal draw to raise some cash and maybe they're getting close to making up the shortfall - for this year.

How is this putting you one point behind? You already have this point. You just “paid” more for it. If you mean you’re a point behind because others can now get it that’s weird way to look at it. Almost every resident in az has it so we are all on an even playing field.
Duh.

Put yourself in a non resident with 25 elk points shoes.

Every other non resident with 25 points now, that hasn’t traveled to AZ for the hunter Ed point, will have it in 1 day. And therefore they’ll have 26 - one ahead of me.

There are 19 people with 25 points, missing the hunter ed point(res and nr). And 70 people with more total points. 32 was max in 2021 and nobody with more than 26 applied, I doubt many of those ahead of you are real motivated to spend $300 for a point they don't even need.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back