Non-resident outfitter license (MT) Bill is up for hearing 2/2/2021 (SB 143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, who doesn’t care? You’ve mentioned that many times. Damn right it’s hard times. Ag has more safety nets in place than any other industry. No one was dropping casseroles off at my place when both my wife and I lost our jobs last year, just more BS culture war politics about free loading on increased unemployment.

The cattle industry has been getting screwed for too long now. It’s time for Daines and Tester and all those other tool bags to stop talking about the problems and fix the damn issue.
I have ZERO confidence in the second one on your list!

Serious question, who doesn’t care? You’ve mentioned that many times. Damn right it’s hard times. Ag has more safety nets in place than any other industry. No one was dropping casseroles off at my place when both my wife and I lost our jobs last year, just more BS culture war politics about free loading on increased unemployment.

The cattle industry has been getting screwed for too long now. It’s time for Daines and Tester and all those other tool bags to stop talking about the problems and fix the damn issue.
Sorry to hear you lost your job. What is you did to earn a living?

Right now the only reason anyone is on unemployment is because it’s as/or more profitable to collect than working is. Everyone I know in the private sector is hurting for help. I know a guy wanting a truck driver who’ll pay 100k weekends off home most nights. I told him I hope he doesn’t fill it, after I sell cows I may need the job.

Right now the only reason anyone is on unemployment is because it’s as/or more profitable to collect than working is. Everyone I know in the private sector is hurting for help. I know a guy wanting a truck driver who’ll pay 100k weekends off home most nights. I told him I hope he doesn’t fill it, after I sell cows I may need the job.
does sound more appealing than swatting mosquitoes as I am packing syphons

Hard to square this line of reasoning. Unemployment benefits in MT range from $163-$552 per week which is under $14 per hour at most.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. My family picked ourselves up by the bootstraps and went back to work as soon as possible.

I was saying that entire communities around here have your back and the vast majority of people will drop what they're doing on a whim to come give a rancher a hand.

We had just enough high water this spring to give us a nice hatch. No were near as bad as some years but in some places you do not want to be out in the evening.
We got a hell of a good rain storm yesterday. Around an inch of rain.

A quarter of this year’s precipitation came yesterday. That’s the only positive is haven’t seen a mosquito all summer. I’d take them if they ate grasshoppers

Drank the Faux News Koolaid...

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. My family picked ourselves up by the bootstraps and went back to work as soon as possible.

I was saying that entire communities around here have your back and the vast majority of people will drop what they're doing on a whim to come give a rancher a hand.
The ranch/

where did you work and what job did you lose is all I ask.
I have yet to find someone willing to “drop what they are doing and come give a hand”.

We got a hell of a good rain storm yesterday. Around an inch of rain.

A quarter of this year’s precipitation came yesterday. That’s the only positive is haven’t seen a mosquito all summer. I’d take them if they ate grasshoppers
Good for you. Happy to hear there is rain someplace

Want his name number? Call me I’m easy to find. Maybe post another picture of yourself and a hapless animal. Several folks on here get a kick out of it
Let me set the wage and benefits package...all your poor hapless private sector buddies will have employees in 24 hours, fact.

BTW, show me an unemployment package that has paid 100K in the last year.

Your pants are on fire.

Let me set the wage and benefits package...all your poor hapless private sector buddies will have employees in 24 hours,
It won’t match a govt package the private sector can’t afford it

but if you think it can buy me out. Put money where mouth is. I Am For Sale. I offer terms and financing….just don’t miss payment, as with guaranteed living nobody should… call me from right now to 8;30…that’s bedtime so I can get up at 4 to tend cattle…Mt area code then 6four8-74nine 4.

It won’t match a govt package the private sector can’t afford it

but if you think it can buy me out. Put money where mouth is. I Am For Sale. I offer terms and financing….just don’t miss payment, as with guaranteed living nobody should… call me from right now to 8;30…that’s bedtime so I can get up at 4 to tend cattle…Mt area code then 6four8-74nine 4.
Ever pause to think maybe, just maybe, people are tired of working for chicken-chit wages is why the hapless private sector can't find help?

I don't feel sorry for the private sector, start paying people what they're worth, you'll find all the employees you need.

I’m not sure what I’m missing here, and I’m not gonna call you Mr. @Eric Albus But if you are anywhere near Gallatin County I’d be happy to come help you. I haven’t spent much time on a ranch but I’ve helped stack hay, palpate & milk…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back