Yeti GOBOX Collection

No AWB in Senate Gun Bill

Keep an eye out for IMR4831, basically interchangable with RL22 in every rifle I've shot, usually 1-2 grains less will shot same POI or very close. Rem 7mag, 280, 270, 300WSM. Glad I stocked up when I could.

Hodgdon Superformance is also close in burn rates and I've had good luck with it in my 300 WM during load development. Now if I could only find any of the three.

I don't think that this will happen. Ammo has a 9 - 12 month waiting list. Manufactures can not make it fast enough. As far as guns... people will still buy because we all know this BAN will come up again some day and some time. Just because the ban has been defeated doesn't mean the guns become readily available. My local dealer is getting about 2 AR's per month from distrubutors.

good luck to all
the dog
Im talking about the #@$%on Craigslist that has hundreds of boxes of .22 for $50 a pop. I think it said 375 to a box.

It seems like the manufacturers are shipping an equal amount of bullets, powder, primers to each store. I have been able to stock up on everything I needed for a year or two by going to every small town sporting goods store I drive past. Well everything other than 22 Cal 53gr vmax

Keep an eye out for IMR4831, basically interchangable with RL22 in every rifle I've shot, usually 1-2 grains less will shot same POI or very close. Rem 7mag, 280, 270, 300WSM. Glad I stocked up when I could.

4831 and RL-22 were nowhere close for me in my 7RM. I struggled to get velocities above 3,000 FPS for a 140gr with it, but the 22 ran 3,150 with ease.

I experimented quite a bit with H and IMR 4831, 7828, RL19 and 22. When I got the 22 to do this at 3,150 I called it a day. Maybe, I should poke around with the 4350s.....wait no, it ain't broke I shouldn't try and fix it. :)

2011-07-25_18-48-06_398-1.jpg

I don't think that this will happen. Ammo has a 9 - 12 month waiting list. Manufactures can not make it fast enough. As far as guns... people will still buy because we all know this BAN will come up again some day and some time. Just because the ban has been defeated doesn't mean the guns become readily available. My local dealer is getting about 2 AR's per month from distrubutors.

good luck to all
the dog

All ready happening here. Olympic Arms and DPMS AR's on the shelf today at less the $1000.

RL22 at $22.50.

Just saw them

Have a couple lbs each of Superformance, 4831, and 4350 on order bout ready to ship...I expect some RL 22 to be coming available soon. Found primers a couple weeks ago at a decent price and qty...was a good sign I thought. I suppose the difference between a buyer and hoarder is whether the buyer is yourself buying quantity amounts..or all those dam't hoarders.;)

appropriate quote

“No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote.”

Gen. James Mattis

Reid will allow the dropped from the bill assault weapons ban to be voted on as an amendment.Obama called for a vote on the AWB in a radio and internet shiny coin address Saturday.:rolleyes:

I was just at the Indy 1500 gun show 2 weeks ago and noticed some things are coming back to reality. Magpul and Thermold mags were in the $20-$30 range ( were $60 + at same show in Jan), AR lowers were $450+ at the last show, I saw multiple DPMS lowers for $124 each, the .22 ammo is still crazy high here $ 75 for a 325 pack, BX 25 mags for the Ruger 10/22 were still at $75 each ($29.99 original). I could build an AR for around $580 before all of this started. . doubt I will ever be able to do that again though. I also bought tons of the Magpul and Thermold 30rd mags before Christmas, the Thermolds were 5 for $40 at our Big R store and the Magpuls were $9.99. . . I know they will never be that price again. It was just nice to see the stuff coming back down to where it should be finally. . . .I bet the guys who paid $2,000 + for the AR's are not feeling well at this time.

Reid will allow the dropped from the bill assault weapons ban to be voted on as an amendment.Obama called for a vote on the AWB in a radio and internet shiny coin address Saturday.:rolleyes:

It's a long way to go in order to get 60 votes.

Not only is it difficult to get 60 votes in the Senate, but an Amendment must be voted on and passed by 2/3rds majority of the states. Obama isn't above just signing an Executive Order, bypassing the Senate and the Constitution, and then forcing the SCOTUS to rule on the legality of the order. He's counting on being able to replace at least one Justice in the near future, so the composition of the Court could be tilted in his favor.

Not only is it difficult to get 60 votes in the Senate, but an Amendment must be voted on and passed by 2/3rds majority of the states. Obama isn't above just signing an Executive Order, bypassing the Senate and the Constitution, and then forcing the SCOTUS to rule on the legality of the order. He's counting on being able to replace at least one Justice in the near future, so the composition of the Court could be tilted in his favor.

...keep your eyes on the shiny coin folks. Just let me divert your attention long enough to finish burying the bumbling GOP with taxpayer dough and deficit spending.

No?

You do realize that the President cannot impose an AWB via an executive order, right?

http://news.yahoo.com/executive-order-nra-fear-most-151849251.html

Also which conservative Justice is going to get off the court while Obama is President? That is why elections matter maybe the more conservative among us should demand of the Republicans to start running candidates who can win.

Nemont

Last edited:
"Not sure how anyone can say it isn't difficult to get 60 votes in the Senate, they will struggle to get a majority of the Democrats to vote for an AWB, especially vulnerable Red State Democrats up for reelection."
Nemont

***Neither of the previous posts have said that. Both have said it IS difficult to get 60 votes, especially if you go right down party lines like things usually do up there.

"Not sure how anyone can say it isn't difficult to get 60 votes in the Senate, they will struggle to get a majority of the Democrats to vote for an AWB, especially vulnerable Red State Democrats up for reelection."
Nemont

***Neither of the previous posts have said that. Both have said it IS difficult to get 60 votes, especially if you go right down party lines like things usually do up there.

I misread it sorry, I fixed my comment.

Nemont

Does anyone have an answer as to were Montana's two democrat senators stand on the issue? I'm getting a run around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back